Workers rights and unions

Yeah - what money asshole? That should be posted in your ad.

14 Likes

Considering the number of companies that are posting job descriptions for $80k/yr jobs and calling them ā€œentry levelā€ the amount of indignation in that HR response is entirely unwarranted.

That 70S Show Fez GIF

11 Likes

Was catching up on Christmas videos, and Samantha Bee had a story about the workers who toil during the holidays:

10 Likes

Iā€™m confused. $80k a year would be great for an entry level job in just about any field, no?

2 Likes

It would be, if thatā€™s what they were offering, but it sounds like they were offering quite a bit less than thatā€¦and then saying that they donā€™t even post the salary in the ads to avoid people who are ā€œonly in it for the money.ā€

2 Likes

I think it depends on where you liveā€¦ while 80,000K would be great in places that I grew up or currently live, I doubt that would go nearly as far in modern day San Fran or NYC.

6 Likes

The qualifications list like an $80k jobā€¦and they are listing it as entry level because they are only going to pay $30k.

Something like: in this position, you will be overseeing all aspects of regulatory and compliance for our manufacturing facilities across the globeā€¦Masters degree required, MBA preferredā€¦10 years of experience, at least 5 years of which is in microelectronics manufacturingā€¦this is an entry-level positionā€¦

15 Likes

Ah, got it, that is shitty behavior indeed.

Thanks for the explanation.

10 Likes

This is similar to what the one and only restaurant owner I worked for used to do. He would hire a server, and then pile on the responsibility as if they were a manager, and get away with paying the 2 odd dollars minimum wage while taking off and leaving them alone with the kitchen staff to run the place themselves.

10 Likes
11 Likes

ā€œAt a company he fucking owns.ā€

Wealth engenders selfish irresponsibility. And yet weā€™re supposed to applaud and honor the wealthy, who generally have a moral and ethical status thatā€™s lower than that of a pack of snarling, flesh-ripping hyenas.

May the new year bring ever heightened awareness of such mass delusions.

13 Likes
16 Likes
23 Likes

I hope managementā€™s encouragement is returned manyfold.

20 Likes

25 Likes
18 Likes

Smart, Alex!

12 Likes

Iā€™ll take ā€œa living wageā€ for 200, [said] Alex

14 Likes

LOW-SKILLED, EASILY REPLACEABLE EMPLOYEES MUST RETURN TO WORK IMMEDIATELY, OTHERWISE OUR SOCIETY WILL COLLAPSE

15 Likes

I like him already.

9 Likes