Workers rights and unions

Those hospital groups should take off their opposite-glasses.

7 Likes

They are making so much filthy lucre that they are leaving the field in droves. Of course, the argument could be “they made so much money they don’t have to work anymore.” Then I beat them nigh unto death. So, win-win.

10 Likes

Of course, the severity of the HCW crisis depends on gender and ethnicity… :weary:

12 Likes

This highlights part of the Starbucks union drive:

7 Likes
8 Likes

“The documents were submitted as evidence of IBM’s efforts “to oust older employees from its workforce,” and replace them with millennial workers, the plaintiff alleged. It’s the latest development in a legal battle that first began in 2018, when former employees sued IBM after the company fired tens of thousands of workers over 40-years-old.
One high-ranking executive, whose name was redacted from the lawsuit, said IBM had a “dated maternal workforce.”

Ageism and misogyny.

Also? Aren’t millennials turning 40 about now?

Checked- yeah - the oldest millennials started turning 40 in 2021.

12 Likes

I’ve never thought of myself as an “older” person before. Yeesh.

11 Likes

:wink:

12 Likes

10 Likes

Boomer

Gen X

6 Likes

:older_woman:t4:

11 Likes

Yeah but when it comes to all this labeling of generations,

Johnny Depp Whatever GIF

The Big Lebowski Whatever GIF

13 Likes

I literally did this to a younger relative recently.

7 Likes

Just wait till they find out how unwilling young men are to work for 60 year old women’s wages.

9 Likes

The old people of today think of nothing but themselves . They have no reverence. They are impatient of all restraint. They talk as if they knew everything, and what passes for wisdom with us is foolishness with them

9 Likes

When I was starting grad school I can remember friends complaining about first year students, like not just how they handle school but general behaviour, in very much the kids today kind of way. It kind of took me aback. Like, these kids weren’t some product of a different era, they were three or four years apart from us. But apparently you put up lines between them and some people will squint at each other across them. :slightly_frowning_face:

9 Likes

I’m gonna have to echo Madeline’s earlier sentiment…

Keanu Reeves Reaction GIF by Bill & Ted Face the Music

5 Likes

Lucy Lawless is ours!!!

brain roar GIF

8 Likes

She’s way more awesomeness than I deserve.

6 Likes

Lisa: “But… Xena can’t fly!”
Lucy: “I told you, I’m not Xena. I’m Lucy Lawless.”

11 Likes