Workers rights and unions

That’s a great read, and very much reflects what we are seeing in healthcare. Disrespect from patients and lack of appreciation from employers multiply the effects of the pandemic on wearing down the rewards that are inherent in the work we do. I am among many who are counting months to retirement and trying to figure out ways to get there faster. I have said this before, but the effects of this shit show will reverberate for decades after it finally resolves itself in whatever way it does.

14 Likes

Edited to add:

19 Likes
13 Likes
8 Likes
11 Likes

11 Likes

I guess that the all-one-god-truth includes being good employers.

6 Likes
12 Likes

So glad to see it. And I hope it changes how management supports and promotes the teams. I’m so tired of hearing from men, “women get paid less because they don’t fill stadiums!” Of course, the Thorns have shown that’s bullshit. Get the team a great venue and promote the sport, and you will fill stadiums - good sized ones.

8 Likes

Requiring Project Labor Agreements of fed funded projects with a value over $35million.

On tv now with signing ceremony

11 Likes

looks like this is just for federal construction projects. Not for recipients of federal grants. Which states, transit airports etc are.

“Much of that money will flow through federal agencies to states and local governments. The new executive order excludes projects funded by grants to non-federal agencies, a senior administration official said, adding that will make up for a bulk of the projects under the bill. But it will apply to billions of other federal spending on waterways, military bases and other areas.”

8 Likes

Edit: here’s a better copy, with attribution:

16 Likes

The missing fingers are a nice touch.

6 Likes

Hope this moves things forward…

9 Likes

They were required to inhale a compound to keep there jobs. It supposedly prevented silicoses- it did nothing for that. It did cause Parkinson’s disease.

10 Likes

WTAF? Proprietary, unproven, no theoretical mechanism of action. So many red flags on this! Growing up in the WV coalfields, I thought I had heard every horrible, heartless action taken by mine operators against their employees, and somehow this is new to me. Inhalation of finely ground Al powder, of various and inconsistent grind and composition, is going help with inhalation of silica dust? By making you die faster? Oh, God…

12 Likes

Yeah. This is extra sleazy even for the mining industry.

2 Likes

https://www.boston25news.com/news/national/puerto-rico-increase/24HS6WV4L2KG7VPDM5TAFGT244/

The move comes just days after 70% of teachers left their classrooms and joined a protest to demand higher wages, better pensions and improved working conditions. Another protest is scheduled for later this month.

10 Likes

Two years from now…

drunk will smith GIF

6 Likes
6 Likes