Workers rights and unions

13 Likes

I remember walking the picket lines with my dad when I was about 4 years old.

10 Likes
7 Likes
15 Likes

strike resist GIF by Center for Story-based Strategy

14 Likes
10 Likes

Another gem spotted on r/Target

As part of Target management’s continued unionbusting efforts at Store 0618 they’ve decided to put these fliers on every table in the breakroom to prove Target is the “#1 Company That Cares” according to People Magazine

https://www.reddit.com/r/Target/comments/x9iiqq/as_part_of_target_managements_continued/

10 Likes

So they care so much about their workers that they’re fine with them doing something good for themselves, like starting a union?

Well all right then!

9 Likes

The only way to work.

11 Likes

Shows just how screwed up the idea of what we were “supposed” to be doing for our paychecks has gotten, that “just” doing your job is being called quitting.
I once had a performance review where I got a 3 out of 5 for attendance. I hadn’t missed a day or even been late more than twice for an entire year. I asked how could I do better-after all, I could hardly be there more than I was scheduled, right? My boss told me that they weren’t allowed to give more than a 3 for that, because perfect attendance was just what was expected of us.

7 Likes

I’d never hire an attorney who wasn’t able to read the TOS.

8 Likes
11 Likes
17 Likes
18 Likes

@Mindysan33

18 Likes

14 Likes
10 Likes

You can’t deny benefits based on union membership. Fire up the NLRB lawsuit spotlight!

10 Likes
8 Likes

ETA:
related:

10 Likes