Workers rights and unions

Note that the person asking the question was anonymous… because they are a fucking coward.

And…

9 Likes

:hushed:

5 Likes

And let’s not forget…

from

8 Likes

Whenever I see comments like that, I always imagine people reading or watching Dracula and wanting to be Renfield.

6 Likes

seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

All these temporarily embarrassed millionaires/billionaires, believing that the actual millionaires/billionaires will see their spirited defense of their wealth and be their new BFFs… Like, they don’t give two shits about you and they sure as fuck don’t want to be friends with a plebe like you, so why the fuck are you throwing in your lot with these assholes!

Fucking traitors, if you ask me. At this point, I think the class divide has come down to just a singular division… people who want to fix this shit and those who are profiting off of the current situation and want to keep the status quo.

6 Likes

Even if you aren’t profiting, if the people with power and money are the good guys then the you don’t need to worry that the world is in horrible need of change. :face_exhaling:

5 Likes

I hope the fact ol’ Rupert gest 9-10 mil less than the two young Netflix upstarts boils his piss so hard his prostate explodes.

7 Likes

Might be, as they tend to be super-focused on that kind of pointless competition… but also, he’s sticking it to the rest of us by both being super-wealthy and working to tear down democracy in at least 3 countries!

5 Likes

I shudder to think what fawning bullshit will swamp the entire world’s media Come The Great Day…

6 Likes

On the bright side, he’ll be dead.

6 Likes

Longtime WGA member George RR Martin on the strike…

https://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/2023/05/07/strike/

Will he have time to finish winds of winter if this one goes as long as the first strike he was involved in? :thinking:

4 Likes

3 Likes

Go cashless they said! It will make everything better, they said! /s

11 Likes

17 Likes

I’ve lectured rooms full of high school students about those very facts, and many of them were gobsmacked. I always had some coming up to me after the class and telling me they appreciated hearing how history affected them. At least one went on to become a labor lawyer.

11 Likes
2 Likes
6 Likes

That’s a complex symbol. Strikers near me had one at first, then they took it down after hearing complaints about its connotations.

Another example:

2 Likes
8 Likes

That was funny.

My work used to order a stupid cake and poorly sing Happy Birthday (bonus: fewer than 10 people worked at our location and we all sang offkey). I remember telling my supervisor that they really should buy a card, have everyone sign it, and give the birthday person $40 (cost of cake and card).

They also loved to spend $$$$ on a holiday get together, where they gave us a $50 Amazon card and made us play a game for another $50 miscellaneous gift card. I once again suggested that they take the holiday party $$$$ and split it up amongst the employees.

Nope. :roll_eyes:

10 Likes