6 Likes

13 Likes
9 Likes
4 Likes

Amazon, SpaceX & Trader Joe’s

8 Likes

14 Likes

Hell yes

My union hired a law firm to represent me with my health insurance over a pre approved procedure that they then refused to pay.

11 Likes

BARISTA BONANZA: UNION BLITZ AT 21 STARBUCKS STORES

12 Likes

Staff say Dell’s return to office mandate is a stealth layoff, especially for women

Dell’s “return to office” mandate has left employees confused about which offices they can use and the future of their jobs – and concerned the initiative is a stealth layoff program that will disproportionately harm women at the IT giant.

[…]

9 Likes
9 Likes

Amazon hopes to avoid labor regulation by simply abolishing national watchdogs

6 Likes

@Lazarou Remember the Tories Brexit ad where ballet dancers were retraining as plumbers or somesuch? The Tories [and probably Labour] don’t want anyone to have imagination, creativity or recreation. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy as my parents used to say. I would paraphrase that to ‘all work and no play makes everyone very rebellious and angry. We need creativity and imagination to be full and decent useful empathetic human beings.

:dart:

10 Likes

8 Likes

A report on the UAW and union gains in general:

4 Likes

(Free link)

7 Likes
6 Likes

Well, fuck. I guess it’s time to boycott TJs. They’re the only one on that list I still support.

4 Likes
3 Likes

I feel as if this should be getting 24/7 news covwrage.

I just happened across this bill introduced in Kentucky.

For example, a landscaping employee, pizza delivery worker or HVAC installer traveling between job locations would not have to be paid minimum wage for that travel time under this change. Similarly, a firefighter or a person who works in a paint shop at a factory would not have to be paid minimum wage when they are putting on or off their equipment and helmets, nor would a bus driver doing safety checks before picking up kids from school. Employers could pay them as little as a penny per hour for this work with no legal repercussions.

Repeals the requirement that employees who work seven days in a row receive time-and-a-half overtime pay.

Repeals the requirement that employers provide a rest break. Currently, employers must provide at least a 10-minute rest break for each four hours of work, in addition to a scheduled lunch period. HB 500 takes away that right.

And this gem…

Repeals the requirement that employers provide a lunch break. Currently, businesses must provide a lunch break every three to five hours, but that right would be eliminated under HB 500. Instead, HB 500 says only that a worker required to keep working without a lunch break can’t be denied pay if they juggle eating something while on the job. However, if the employer does provide a lunch break and they discover a worker eating at another time while on the clock, they will not be required to pay them for that time — even a worker who needs a snack for medical reasons.

10 Likes