World's fastest talking man sings Michael Jackson's BAD in 20 seconds

[Read the post]

1 Like

According to Wikipedia, he was also the Micro machines guy:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Moschitta%2C_Jr.

6 Likes

Also the voice of Key-Per from Adventure Time!

6 Likes

I remember seeing John Moschitta, Jr. in a similar report on Nickelodeon at about the same time this ran. I never saw it again and in it when he told his story of how he learned to be a fast talker it was such a blur I didn’t get any of it but I thought I heard the words “locked me up”.

I didn’t want to jump to conclusions but I wondered if he’d done hard time. I’m glad to know he did it to raise money for cerebral palsy research.

3 Likes

Seems like he can do more than just talk faster than most people. Seems like he also reads faster and recalls language faster? Maybe the rest of us are just handicapped by our slow talking?

5 Likes

The interviewer mentioned his “gift,” but I’ll bet it’s just a matter of practice.

That’s what I was thinking too. His brain must process written language and an incredible pace. His impromptu reading of the BAD lyrics was amazing!

1 Like

He used to do legal disclaimers for commercials until technology caught up and just accelerated the voice-over tempo.

3 Likes

Slowed down the video for him doing the Music Man’s “Ya Got Trouble” opener. The pronunciation is crap (as you might expect) but it checks out.

He was also the voice actor for Blurr on Transformers!

1 Like

2 Likes

I can read a hell of a lot faster than most people can speak. I suspect that his reading speed is high-level but not exceptional.

Speed-talking is a thing, apparently, and you can get quite good at it with practice, but probably not as good as John Moschitta, Jr. Exact numbers are surprisingly hard to find, but he held the world record for many years and has only been bested by a few people.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.