Write-Only, a simple web typewriter with no deleting

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/22/write-only-a-simple-web-typew.html

3 Likes

We are here to typewrite, by god! We shall not typedelete!

2 Likes

Er…Not quite sure what to say about this, apart from wondering what the point of it all is! After all, good old Tippex allowed “deletion” on an ordinary typewriter!

4 Likes

I’d be way more impressed if what I typed showed up on the paper in the typewriter.

5 Likes

I love shit like this.

2 Likes

14 Likes

1 Like

Cool, but needs to have typewriter sounds added.

1 Like

I’ve come to believe that these “make you write” gimmick applications
(including the ones that supposedly block you from distractions, etc.) are kind of a waste of time & effort, and this whole “your problems concentrating and getting things done can be solved by addressing external factors” approach is a futile one.

I understand your point of view, but I have to say, when I finally got around to chasing off that wolverine that was gnawing on my leg, my productivity really did go up.

6 Likes

Back in the day, we backspaced and overtyped with X’s. And a bell rang with carriage returns. Then there were KSR-33 teletype keyboards that required many pounds of finger pressure to depress keys, a great hand-strengthening exercise. Where’s the simulator for that?

2 Likes

His, however, plummeted. It’s a zero sum game!

2 Likes

Apple’s butterfly keyboards?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.