X-ray scans of game controllers and other household items

Originally published at: X-ray scans of game controllers and other household items | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Looks like a submersible controller to me.

6 Likes

Animated GIF

4 Likes

Yeah, the minifig one is totally rubbish.

Everyone knows what a minifig really looks like if you scan it:

IMG_2403

ETA more seriously, this is really cool. The instant camera scan in particular is really impressive.

8 Likes

When I did industrial digital and CT radiography the goal was to bring in the most bizarre toys and household gadgets to use for testing and training. Usually it’d be a run-of-the-mill microfocus system so you’d scan thumbnail to softball-sized items.

Most exciting were some scans done on one of our high magnification nano-focus machines - we’d do peppercorns, cardamom pods and star anise with nearly micrometer resolution. A 3-D peppercorn reconstruction is many, many gigabytes and is like a bizarre dive into another world. I’m out now, but hopefully with crypto on the downside the big sexy GPUs can get back to doing real work - the best weren’t available at any price a few years ago even for a joint with a few hundred million USD of radiography systems.

4 Likes

Please don’t be in somebody’s ass. Please don’t be in somebody’s ass. Please don’t be in somebody’s ass.

Praying I Hope GIF by The Paley Center for Media

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.