You Are Not So Smart 010: Perv: The Sexual Deviant in All of Us

[Permalink]

I’m guessing David’s deviancy involves some baked goods. Just a hunch.

5 Likes

I have heard that the book pushes pseudoscientific bigotry against trans people. Is this true? [From a short preview, the author doesn’t seem to endorse the Bailey-Blanchard-Lawrence theory, but does surround the discussion with a good deal of othering and misgendering language.]

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure I would notice if there was a sexual deviant inside me.

Unless maybe he drugged me first.

6 Likes

Haven’t heard anything about him before this mention here. Did you read a review and have a link?

I just read some info about him and by him in regard to the transgendered. I think I’ll skip this podcast.

7 Likes

The MP3 version is so poorly miked that it’s incomprehensible.

How am I the first one commenting about this?

With half-hearted documentation, all I felt my purpose and style deserved, I wrote of the possible emotional and behavioral consequences of the particular architecture of male genitalia, in general, but never thought to explore so deeply the anatomical and biological implications or results. I kind of dabbled with the cultural and anthropological aspects, intending to be wry, but nevertheless presenting what I feel is a valid premise. No spam. You can find it if you want to.

“That’s Perv-***ect!***”

(read it here, or go straight to the novels.)

Personally, I don’t really care what is “normal” or “deviant” or “perverted.” What is illegal for adults should be what harms the person or property of a non-consenting other. Nothing more.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.