You can be the first (and) only person to see these works of art

So a mackerel then, is what you’re saying?

4 Likes

A toffee-nosed art expert would feign knowing of an artist known as Makerel and excuse himself.

BTW: This is art… or not to some. It is considered very important though because of its place in art history.

3 Likes

I believe you are thinking of Macquerel, one of the finest Rococo painters. His serving girl was sublime.

5 Likes

Bit of a stinker in his personal life, though. When the police questioned him about a local robbery, they had to grill him outside. Turns out he really was the thief, but he slipped right through their dragnet.

5 Likes

“Art is what you can get away with.”

-@FGD135

5 Likes

No. The toffee-nose art critic was thinking of a “Makerel”.

Was it, really?

1 Like

All white!

Touching on Kazimir Malevich again (who was quite the trailblazer) here’s another one of his pieces, titled White on White:

4 Likes

Not forgetting his Black Square period…

Banned and imprisoned for creating the purest abstraction.

3 Likes

The computers are just sharing their suffering.

2 Likes

I’ll give you 3 grand! 4! I must have it!

2 Likes

Sorry. I refreshed the page and… poof. Éphémères Nostalgique.

2 Likes

Welles, Orson__It's pretty, but is it art

3 Likes

It looks like the AI is fixated on microbes.

1 Like

Having seen the green one above and then the same artwork twice in a row I’m calling shenanigans.
ETA: Seems the “I did an AI” is, perhaps, less than honest. You get the same picture if you refresh twice in a short time-period, possibly a second. Which very strongly suggests mere randomness using the time as a seed. As I’ve said before, most of the applications of AI are like using a marching band to change a lightbulb. Admirable in execution, but really, why?

My stepmother has an artist’s studio in a block of them. This generated art is quite like a lot of the art produced there, although not hers. I guess there’s nothing to stop me from copying one in oils and flogging it. If they are generated one-offs, how could they prove provenance?

1 Like

If I wanted to be the first and only person to see a work of art I’d just keep making my own art.

1 Like

Well call me a contrarian, but I refreshed the page about a hundred times and saw some really gorgeous pieces. I wish they were higher resolution!

2 Likes

This many comments and not a single 1984 reference? Proles.

1 Like

I think you’ve got them by the short (and curly) circuits.

It’s a brave new world.

5 Likes