You can be the first (and) only person to see these works of art

Originally published at: You can be the first (and) only person to see these works of art | Boing Boing

2 Likes

It’s a tool used by arrogant dickheads to brand themselves with a mark of supposed distinction.

They get why this or that “art” is “great,” and if you don’t, that makes them better than you.

16 Likes

11 Likes

Gee, “the first and only” ‘eh? I guess no one told these guys about screenshots or cameras. Makes it almost as ridiculous as NFTs.

3 Likes

Jesus. That is really super. How’d a nitwit like you get so tasteful ?

mona lisa wink GIF by truTV’s Adam Ruins Everything

8 Likes

I’ve nothing against computer generated art (AI my ass), but the desperation to claw back scarcity is just fucking pathetic.

10 Likes

Yeah, this computer-generated art is bland and boring indeed. Want to see something that isn’t? I thought so! Check out my non-computer generated, non-bland art that uses an actual human being (that’s me) operating an elaborate contraption to create complex images using only video feedback.

13 Likes

Guess where I am going when lockdown of galleries ends

6 Likes

art is whatever art collectors choose to pay for

6 Likes

9 Likes

I think that there is a difference between art and Art. Lowercase art is, I think, just stuff that speaks to you. Uppercase Art tends to be either propaganda (like the work of the Renaissance Artists, or Abstract Expressionism), or money laundering. That’s my take home from my art course :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, enjoyed that. That was cool.

2 Likes

I’d say it’s the contrary. Uppercase Art is the stuff that speaks to you.

If it doesn’t speak to you it’s just decoration.

1 Like

“Art is what you can get away with.”

– Attributed to so many names by now that you can pick your favourite one.

4 Likes

Uppercase Art is what Arthur’s friends call him

8 Likes

7 Likes

Why do all of those pieces of ‘art’ look like stock photos that have been run through various filters until everything blurs? They remind me of the things bored office workers used to produce by using the copier to make several generations of a picture. By the 15th or 20th copy of a copy, they looked a lot like this.

1 Like

I tried it. One came out all white. Blank.

“A less derivative statement reflecting satirical, post-post-modern reflections on Mid-Century excursions; something of an anti-Pollock. Genius!” (a toffee-nosed art expert)

3 Likes

“We have the preliminary sketches.”