You can call me AI

15 Likes

I’m impressed. It actually was right (with rounding) on the division.

2 Likes

(Source)

2 Likes
3 Likes

OpenAI Scale Ranks Progress Toward ‘Human-Level’ Problem Solving
The company believes its technology is approaching the second level of five on the path to artificial general intelligence

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-07-11/openai-sets-levels-to-track-progress-toward-superintelligent-ai

1 Like
3 Likes

I hate things that report accuracy with one number. It’s two.

I have a program that detects AI with 100% accuracy, it catches every one.
return true;

4 Likes

Because they make a ton of cash off of students

2 Likes

Added the sub-text.

4 Likes

More Ed Zitron:

The common thread between all of these events is that they’re all expressions of desperation, fear, and a total lack of confidence in the underlying profit. So far — and this is napkin math — I’d estimate that a total of $200 billion has been spent to get generative AI to this point, in infrastructure, in funding, in energy, in so many different meaningless ways, all to get us to the point that we have a tool that’s really good at generating things that aren’t as good as what a human could make.

To be clear, we’re not quite at the bubble popping yet. The reason I choose the collapse of OpenAI as “the event” is because it will mean that Microsoft decided to cut it off, and there wasn’t enough banker or venture capital interest to prop it up. OpenAI’s collapse would be both financial and symbolic — the sign that the valley would let a company die, and that this idea wasn’t good enough for everybody to stake their futures on it.

6 Likes

They tried and said “nope”.

7 Likes

do not hallucinate

sarcastic hey arnold GIF

5 Likes

“It keeps giving wrong answers, so we’ll just tell it to give the right ones instead”. Is there any specific reason AI is only developed by people who don’t really understand how anything works?

5 Likes
3 Likes
7 Likes
4 Likes

AI-driven phrenology faceology!

6 Likes

This is just a plot by cosmetic surgeons.

7 Likes

I think you misspelled “phrenologist”. That’s the vibe I get.

7 Likes

:thinking:

5 Likes