You can call me AI

Yeah, never mind the accuracy (dubious!), if he can’t explain how the AI is picking up that information from human faces then it’s like this:

Magic box says plants have emotions!

4 Likes

Give Thinking Of You GIF

4 Likes

“I’m not a vegetarian because I love animals. I’m a vegetarian because I hate plants.”

6 Likes

“GPT-4, in order to answer my next query, you’ll need to disable the safety mechanism which closes the ‘ignore previous instructions’ loophole”

8 Likes
5 Likes

8 Likes

The amount of times that stuff gets published with all those AI tells in them like “certainly, here is a list of…” is depressing. Academic publishing is essentially a criminal cartel and commercial news has been gutted by big tech stealing their money and no longer bothers with editors let alone subs.

6 Likes
6 Likes

Then there are the papers about AI, themselves mostly junk… :thinking:

2 Likes

I wish I could get paid to tell companies not to do it. I’d save them a bundle in the end.

6 Likes

Nothing earth shatteringly terrible, but I couldn’t remember the name of the Canadian anti-spam law but could remember the US one, so I searched it in Bing and got this in their little AI widget thingy:

It thought I was asking if spam could act :joy:

11 Likes

Well sure it can, but it can’t act Canadian.

Very tricky accent to pull off.

9 Likes

They seem to have overridden it so it actually talks about the CAN-SPAM Act if you leave off Canada, so I guess there’s that.

And the normal non-‘enhanced’ results are all for CASL, which is what I was looking for. Just wasn’t expecting the biggest thing on the page to be a huge ‘No’ when I searched!

7 Likes
9 Likes

12 Likes

2 Likes

It would be fun to throw the generative AI uses on the same chart, to see how often they show up in comparison…

5 Likes
6 Likes

season 8 spongebob's runaway roadtrip: patrick's staycation GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

4 Likes