You can call me AI

If someone wants to know what it looks like when they’re slapped that badly, I can think of a much easier way for them to find out.

1 Like
2 Likes

:smile:

1 Like

BC3A9203-82CA-4F15-99E7-BF47080A2371

3 Likes

Yudkowsky says he’s not the only person “steeped in these issues” who believes that “the most likely result of building a superhumanly smart AI, under anything remotely like the current circumstances, is that literally everyone on Earth will die.”

Assholes like this really piss me off!

From his Wiki page, he’s supposed to be an AI researcher. (I’m not going to check the sources to see if he’s self-bootstrapped “pundit” like some others.) If so, he should know that the current wave of crap isn’t “superhumanly smart AI”, it’s not even dumb, and there’s no way for it to get there from here without many major breakthroughs.

Meanwhile, he’s distracting from the real danger, which is that egotist TechBros will deploy this junk in critical systems where it’s completely inadequate . (Like Musk’s Full Speed Death.)

3 Likes

/Satire

According to Iranian media, the move was spurred by the wide circulation of a queer interpretation of the Quran written by an AI chatbot.

It’s the first time in history the Islamic Republic issues a fatwa against a non-human entity.

9 Likes

Eliezer Yudkowsky is a big deal in the world of Singularity Woo—among other things, he runs the LessWrong forum that emitted “Roko’s Basilisk” as its most notoriously bad idea

If you’re keeping a database of sketchy people he should probably have his own page

4 Likes

Well how about that! I already have the Machine Intelligence Research Institute, because of the Peter Thiel connection.

Funny how many groups are loudly coming out of the woodwork right now, that are in the pocket of one or another TechBro billionaires, who all know each other.

I suspect that I’m going to need a meta-tag to group them all, like “The AI Job”.

Hm. I found him in my backlog:

eta: Rabbit hole singularity warning.

3 Likes

Has this been posted here yet? I know the authors from the famous “stochastic parrot” paper.

It’s a critical response to the long termist techno determinism of the recent letter.

3 Likes

Strike that, expect less of that in the future:

3 Likes
2 Likes

Big deal! My house is visible in satellite photos.

Sounds like more meaningless hype from the types that believe in Robot Hell.

4 Likes

Clearly the architecture firm knows how to beat their chests and shout from the rooftops. Perhaps just to appease their billionaire benefactor/client Dieter Schwarz.

1 Like

How it’ll actually turn out: The TechBros will be NPCs, and the AI will be completely bored of them.

1 Like
8 Likes

:nauseated_face:

1 Like
2 Likes

Oh boy. Who gets served for AI slander?

3 Likes