You can call me AI

“Open” “AI” get sued. They are the ones whose negligence is the cause of this.

2 Likes

…until a bot says something to piss Modi off.

@RickMycroft That reminded of a prompt I gave Google Bard a few days ago. I asked it to create an brand new, ridiculous conspiracy theory that can be easily proven to be false by normal folk and it straight out refused to comply with the prompt. No “i’m a language model and that goes beyond my capabilities” stuff, it just told me no.

3 Likes

Ask another chat AI. They are easily bent to your ideological requirements, doing so is quick and inexpensive and you can be pretty sure they are devoid of any inhibitions when it comes to crimes of any degree.

You’re just not serious about it… :thinking:

(… which is a Good Thing.) :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

The upshot is that in just under a month, there were three recorded incidences of employees leaking sensitive information via ChatGPT. Since ChatGPT retains user input data to further train itself, these trade secrets from Samsung are now effectively in the hands of OpenAI, the company behind the AI service.

Working as designed.

6 Likes

3 Likes

What I consider a bizarre argument [more broadly] is that once the AI becomes intelligent enough to increase its own intelligence, then it will go into infinite intelligence in an instant and that will be it for us. [That view is endorsed by] very smart, very articulate people. They don’t come off as crazy, but I just think that they are.

Gee Bryan, like people have written dozens of books on the subject, some of them even economists like you, perhaps you might have cracked one open?

Why the fuck do we publish interviews with people like this? It’s just like all those articles you see around now “I’ve just encountered AI/LLMs for the first time in the last few weeks and here’s why you should freak out right now!” Hopefully AI will kill the market for under researched think pieces as we’ll get our AIs to read them for us too.

4 Likes

… and/or invest in it :money_with_wings:

3 Likes

Who is this? A libertarian economist with critiques of feminism and social justice, huh? Somehow it takes more than winning some bets to make me think a person like that will have any real insights.

1 Like

Global private investment and the number of AI startups decreased in 2022, while the industry’s adoption of the technology has plateaued compared to previous years, according to new data.

[…]

2 Likes

“Hey, determining motives is easy”.

5 Likes

Leon Kowalski talks to his therapist

2 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

How long until it inevitably reports that Hitler was kinda okay after all?

6 Likes

After watching how the movie Broadcast News mocked the way media companies focus on looks instead of competence, this isn’t surprising. I’m sure clips from news anchors reporting on the risk to their own careers will make the rounds on comedy shows, too.

2 Likes

I noticed everybody has carefully avoided using the word “white” to describe this imaginary person :thinking:

1 Like
2 Likes

ChatGPT, is that you?

11 Likes

Smyg is sneak in Swedish.

5 Likes