You can call me AI

Bite my shiny metal brain.

6 Likes

It’s Internet jerky.

3 Likes

Well now. What to do, what to do… As much as I hate them doing it, I like the idea of it poisoning their jerky.

4 Likes

Write a filter that replaces non-link words with random words?

What’s a good anti-racist manifesto? Replace all content with that?

2 Likes

As it is, the content is roughly thirty thousand short excerpts of news articles on the far right in US and Canada, and Scientology, cross-indexed by names, organizations and keywords, and links to the full articles.

I don’t have to do anything.

I’d like to know the eventual influence rank it gives my site. Google’s C4 gave it 92,346th in 2019, which is pretty good for a RPi3 on the entire Internet, and I’ve added a lot since then.

eta: At least their crawler is well-behaved, and it understands a mediawiki site. It doesn’t request the same page over and over with every combination and variation of options, like one of their would-be competitors.

3 Likes

Plagiarizing music is a human’s job, not a computer’s job according to Sheeran

3 Likes

Programmer (who also made an AI youtuber) reacts to youtuber reacting to supposed AI youtuber

1 Like
3 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes

New Girl Facepalm GIF by HULU

1 Like

Cross posted from the Zoom self own thread. Zoom’s use of AI is prima facie illegal and they have done some really stoopid stuff wrt governance and also seemingly not having someone versed in EU data protection law have a glance at their proposals before rolling them out.

3 Likes
4 Likes

“AI” recipes may be as bad as TikTok ones?

6 Likes

That’s a plot from King of the Hill.

Mixing [chemical] and [another chemical] will not produce mustard gas, which is a common misconception, as mustard gas requires a more complicated process. However, it will produce the equally toxic chloramine, a very toxic chlorine gas. Whatever it is, DO NOT MIX two household cleansers together!

3 Likes

A spokesperson for the supermarket said they were disappointed to see “a small minority have tried to use the tool inappropriately and not for its intended purpose”.

Quit blaming the users. This happens to EVERY program, plan for it.

the company does not guarantee “that any recipe will be a complete or balanced meal, or suitable for consumption”.

If it can produce something not suitable for consumption, IT’S NOT READY you freaking idiots. Don’t release it. That’s one of the basic requirements of a recipe. The not balanced I can live with, a lot of people don’t make completely balanced meals as it is. But you can at least indicate how unbalanced it is, since the program should have all the nutritional information.

5 Likes

I don’t get why they are using ChatGPT, a general chat bot model, when OpenAI has a model specifically trained on coding problems in Codex.

That is the one that will take programmer jobs, not ChatGPT.

1 Like

I have many such tools on my computer, called “compilers”. /s

These tools are attempting to compile natural language to clean code. Maybe they have advanced a bit. I wish them luck crossing the miles and miles of scorched earth left by those who went before.

Edit: Obligatory reference to “The Last One” and “The Last One’s Law” : Any program from a code generator is at least as buggy as the code generator itself.

https://teblog.typepad.com/david_tebbutt/2007/07/the-last-one-pe.html

2 Likes

Well, be that as it may, using ChatGPT as the benchmark is like saying power tools don’t work because your circular saw can’t drill a hole.

3 Likes