You can call me AI

I was wondering why it was so crucial for the robots to learn to clip stems, but now I know.

Once it’s time to harvest, that’s when the stem clipping comes in. Cull surveys last year showed stem punctures were one of the top problems. Because it’s a dense apple, the stems are quite woody, Burbery said.
“Although it’s a very hardy apple and does not bruise easily, that woody stem can cause a marking that can eventually lead to decay,” she said. “Stem clipping is going to have a strong impact on the length of time an apple can be stored.”

4 Likes

:rofl:

4 Likes

It’s funny to look back at ’80s “computer” stuff, bizarrely both new and exciting (at the time anyway) but also deliberately stuffy and boring, since the target market was always accountants in office parks for whom being responsible and professional meant being terribly terribly dull :necktie:

1 Like

As it stands, well trained, well used ML/AI can produce great code, with the input from someone who would probably be a lead or senior programmer. Honestly pretty similarly to human programmers, give them well defined specs, limits and goals, and you’ll get back something pretty good.

1 Like

And this is why programmers won’t go away. I almost never get any of those on a project.

4 Likes
3 Likes

This is something that I have been thinking about a lot lately. Today it takes a team of people writing a requirements document of dozens, hundreds, or thousands of pages to communicate to a development team of experienced humans what the program should do. The Masters of the Universe somehow think that a prompt wizard is going to replace that in any kind of meaningful way?

3 Likes

“Ok, ChatGPT, write up a detailed requirements document for our new everything app. Make sure it lets you trade bitcoin and name it X.”

3 Likes

Don’t they have an AI CEO package yet?

8 Likes

They do, but having a meeting with it is like playing Pictionary

3 Likes
3 Likes

Fake books on Amazon have been a smoldering dumpster fire for a long time. This can’t be the first case of name highjacking.

4 Likes

I know just the thing to set off BBers this morning

2 Likes

AI generative programs for kids are the new box of crayons.

Walls are safe.

Do I want an AI Ant Farm? Why yes…yes I do

3 Likes

Wait, what?!

Among the newly-discovered data grabbers is Intel, whose graphics processing unit (GPU) drivers are collecting telemetry data, including how you use your computer, the kinds of websites you visit, and other data points. You can opt out, assuming you a) realize what’s happening and b) are paying attention at the right moment during installation.

3 Likes

Thank god that some small spillover from EU privacy regulations will protect us from this! /s

2 Likes
3 Likes

:thinking: