You can call me AI

This could actually be an improvement. Depending on how greedy the ā€œAIā€ stuff turns out.

1 Like

How long until Goldman Sachs execs in court blame some financial irregularities on AI and proclaim the company blameless?

3 Likes

ā€œā€¦ itā€™s the customerā€™s own fault for believing what our machine saidā€ :robot:

4 Likes

What do you mean, financial irregularities? Itā€™s all perfectly legal.

1 Like

ā€¦ at least according to this majority opinion written by Chief Justice GPT-7 :robot:

6 Likes

I guess donā€™t really get the excitement about ā€œAIā€. I make model spaceships and I posted them on Reddit once, and someone commented that I could make really cool pictures if I used ā€œAIā€. But whatā€™s the point, I wouldnā€™t have any fun or challenge if I did so. I sometimes have the feeling that if we use apps and ai for everything, thereā€™s not going to be much point being human, being alive. When every single interaction and choice is filtered through tech we will have built our own cage and climbed in willingly.

3 Likes

If the cage is cozy enough most people wouldnā€™t mind. Or even notice.

1 Like
2 Likes
3 Likes

A good thread, followed by solid comments:

5 Likes

oh, this is soo good! thanx!

But here is where the reporting really goes off the rails. AGI is not a thing. It doesnā€™t exist. Therefore, it canā€™t do anything, no matter what the AI cultists say.

e/

It is an enormous disservice to the public to report on this as if it were a ā€œdebateā€ rather than a disruption of science by billionaires throwing money at the hope of bringing about the speculative fiction stories they grew up reading

yes. yes!

5 Likes

When I saw the Reuters article linked I was going to respond with that Mastodon thread!

4 Likes
4 Likes

Season 2 Smh GIF by HBO

9 Likes
2 Likes

You put in a couple of circuits to improve target accuracy, and before you know it youā€™re arguing with a thermonuclear device whether it should detonate or not.

5 Likes

Understand Captain America GIF

6 Likes

oh, hell yeah! thats such a great idea! /s

black-mirror-metalhead-004

3 Likes
7 Likes