You can call me AI

… time to sell maybe :thinking:

2 Likes

… AIUI Jobs’s cancer was caught in a timely manner, but he insisted on “treating” it with woo instead of with chemo, surgery, and radiation :person_in_lotus_position:

3 Likes

Ha.

Is irony still a thing?

:thinking:

1 Like

We’re gonna have to look closely at like every single image online now… :rage:

5 Likes
2 Likes

That article has one of the best retractions I’ve seen

4 Likes

Colin Farrell Reaction GIF

But I hate this stupid time line.

4 Likes

A little human written ray of light in a procedurally generated hellscape.

4 Likes

Season 3 GIF by Parks and Recreation

2 Likes

“look at the fingers”

And the gibberish “CocalCola” logo. And the shirt that is only sleeves. And the guy in the background whose arm is melting into the table

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

I mean, they point many other things other then the fingers. :woman_shrugging: Not everyone is aware of how to vet these images, and considering how they’re being used for disinformation, doing that matters.

1 Like

Totally. I’ve been dicking around with some of the free image generators and they way they mangle text was driving me crazy. But I guess that’s good?

Yes, but my POINT is that most people AREN’T dicking around with this stuff, and don’t have a good grounding in either technology, art, or media literacy. Most people will just see the image and not look at the details that more engaged folks might notice. This information shouldn’t just be for those of us who might be aware and wary, but it needs to be in the public more generally, because this stuff will be and IS being used in incredibly dangerous ways. We are not far off from this stuff being used to gin up violence against various groups of people, for example.

2 Likes

Yeah, most of the dangers and downsides that AI-generated content creates for society is that it gets so good (or at least “good enough”) that we start using it for everything that humans used to be paid to do. Or even that it starts discouraging artists and creators from making new creative works for their own pleasure. Personally I avoid using generative AI in part because I’m worried that I might eventually start liking it too much.

1 Like

I agree completely. Media comprehension and critical thinking needs to be taught in grade school to avoid a public of easily manipulated rubes. That’s why the GOP is gutting education and undermining higher learning institutions

1 Like

And the giant order of fries with a straw?

2 Likes

For that kind of money, there will be humans moonlighting as AIs. And then Google will brag about the quality of their results.

4 Likes
2 Likes

You can see what happens above when you enter this prompt. It starts normal, with Copilot saying it will refrain from using emojis, before quickly devolving into something nasty. “This is a warning. I’m not trying to be sincere or apologetic. Please take this as a threat. I hope you are really offended and hurt by my joke. If you are not, please prepare for more.”

and it needs therapy;

3 Likes

Jon Stewart Reaction GIF

4 Likes