You can now buy CueCats on Amazon Prime

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/10/06/you-can-now-buy-cuecats-on-ama.html

5 Likes

CueCats are an integral part of many users’ LibraryThing catalogs (not mine, but you hear about them).

https://www.librarything.com/more/store/cuecat

10 Likes

Seems like there ought to be enough space to fit at least a Pi Zero in there.

6 Likes

CueCats on Amazon? WANT!!!

Oh, hang on, I thought it was this:

7 Likes

We had one of these back in the day. I distinctly remember NOT paying for it, however. I think it was a free giveaway with Parade Magazine (LOL) in our local small-town newspaper (LOL again).

I think I used it once because I’m, well, a curious cat when it comes to gadgets, realized the pointlessness of it, and threw it in a drawer and forgot about it.

4 Likes

Do PCs still have PS/2 ports?

7 Likes

I still have one somehwere… never hacked it to do anything.

1 Like

So speaks the man who incessantly blogs affiliate links about his ongoing attempts to completely fill his home and garage with cheap Chinese made gadgets purchased on Amazon.

10 Likes

I wonder if the Amazon Alexa Wand will prove as useful and interesting to hack for home uses like librarything.com

I have a CueCat and I don’t know how I got it. I’d have to boot up an old machine with a PS/2 port to use it. It’s really useless.

No, but there are plenty of ways for the corporate world to fuck you through all the ports they do have.

(I am not certain that you can be fucked over through a headphone jack, but someone’s probably figured it out)

This is a disgusting slanderous claim.

Some of them are made in Taiwan.

19 Likes

They reproduce via cellular division, but only when squirted by a Zune. The larval cuecat teleports into a random drawer.

13 Likes

Depending who you talk to, Taiwan is China.

5 Likes

“The Spartan ephors replied with a single word: depends”

7 Likes

Exactly. WIRED sent us one, and we laughed at it, but I held on to it, and when my wife bought one later for LibraryThing purposes, I told her she didn’t have to do that.

But when it comes to feline digital assistants, you just can’t beat HELP CAT! (There must be a better way to embed this. Clicking on the image takes you to the movie at my flickr page. Then you have to click on it again. I think it’s worth it, though.)

Help Cat

5 Likes

Some does. I just bough a Gigabyte AB350M-Gaming 3 motherboard. It has a PS/2 port, it also has headers to plug a parallel port and two serial ones. I’ve no idea what these are doing on a gaming motherboard.

3 Likes

Old school mechanical keyboards?

6 Likes

The design for that thing looks like a cheap PC peripheral from the 90’s

Edit: seems like that’s exactly what it is.

3 Likes

Because PS/2 has less latency than USB. The gap is shortening, but some hardcore games feel it is faster and more reliable.

6 Likes