You can't consume your way out of global warming

You just have to make CO2 a fashion accessory and get Ivanka to sell it.

1 Like

Any thoughts on the Logging Industry switching over to fast growing woods and rotating out which areas they cut in to go between areas they’ve planted specifically to harvest?

Back in the day striking miners would drop tnt into mines…

Ok so maybe that doesn’t work with open pits, but it would be kinda cool to see one of those giant dump trucks explode

2 Likes

That, unfortunately for me, is my heart’s desire. Busted!

1 Like

Damn haven’t thought about E. Abbey for quite some time. I think a trip to the bookstore just made it onto my itinerary today, thanks!

1 Like

To be fair, I wasn’t trying to suggest that’s THE solution, rather that it can be part of the solution. It’s also probably good for other aspects of the environment, too, soil erosion issues, for example.

I do realize that yes, there are hard problems we need to tackle that aren’t going to be easy to get done politically (like coal and oil, which we do need to be off yesterday).

2 Likes

I’m afraid not. It seems like using less wood overall and reusing the wood that’s already been harvested would be a great idea. Or not building with wood as much.

But… but… my Rovie is carbon Neutral!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.