"You Died"

You found a scroll labelled “COVFEFE”

1 Like
3 Likes

Maybe I’m missing something, then. I would have said that strafing+mouse aim has been enough for precision circle-strafing since at least Quake; lock-on was only ever needed because gamepad aiming isn’t very precise. (And I guess it’s handy to keep track of your target when there’s a lot going on, but that’s a separate thing.)

I’ve only played Dark Souls with gamepad, and the badness of its keyboard/mouse control is legendary, so maybe it screws things up in some other way.

DS1 on PC is pretty bad with M+K for sure. It’s one of a very exclusive club of games where I prefer the use of a gamepad (DS, Cave Story, Isaac, Meat Boy, emulators, Brütal Legend, Hollow Knight. Of a collection of 200+ games)

But it is clear that if one steps, or rolls, in a straight line to one side or another one gets further from a fixed point.

If you step to the side along a path perpendicular to your line of sight, and while doing that you smoothly rotate your line of sight to remain pointing at a fixed point, then the line you step along curves and your distance from the fixed point does not change.

At least that’s how it works in PC shooters. Dark Souls with its methodical movement may commit you to completing a full straight-line step before registering any rotation you did in the meantime, I dunno. That would indeed be frustrating.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.