You know it's bad when Adam Kinzinger asks Democrats to join "uneasy alliance"

It was not.

10 Likes

blinking trailer park boys GIF

11 Likes

So the member of the Face Eating Leopard party is trying to get the toothmarks off his face. Fuck him and Republicans who now “regret their choices”.

7 Likes

Yes.
And.

It is in no way incumbent on U.S. voters to vote for–and to all appearances, tacitly endorse–bastards who will then claim those votes for legit cover.

7 Likes

Arizona is a semi-closed primary so only the previously unaffiliated voters can cross over.

Per ballotpedia:

The weird thing about Sinema is that, per insider chatter among some of her former staff and supporters, she apparently thinks that taking this performative “middle road” approach is giving her a serious shot at winning the presidency as an independent in coming years. And almost nobody believes that makes any sense but her.

8 Likes

The GOP cannot be reformed. It needs to die, and Trump is doing that better than anything the Democrats can do. I appreciate that Kinzinger is marginally less toxic than his fellow Republicans, but fcuk him, fcuk them, and fcuk the entire right wing apparatus.

5 Likes

After what happened with ‘DINO’ Kyrsten Sinema?

Sure, we’ll trust these ‘moderate’ Republicans not to turn into raging assholes once they’re in power.

3 Likes

There are no moderates of either party anymore.

Confused Excuse Me GIF by GIPHY News

8 Likes

People who claim to be moderate Democrats just let Republicans walk all over them.
People who claim to be moderate Republicans are fascists who just too chickenshit to say that in public.

Especially since our “Extreme left” is in the grand scheme of things close to the middle compared to the rest of the developed world.

I don’t know. Just seems like more “both sides are bad” which really just covers up the extreme nature of the mainstream GOP.

6 Likes

Not my intention at all. Its one side is really bad and the other needs to get off its duff and deal with it. The people being called “The Far Left” are the good guys here. They are being undermined by “moderates” in their party.

1 Like

Many of them are trying. Just because the failures get the lion’s share of the news doesn’t mean that’s all that’s going on, or that there aren’t plenty of people who are putting their heads down and doing the work we sent them to office to do.

6 Likes

It’s also pretty hard to “deal with it” when we’ve got an increasingly minority of voters who nevertheless wield a totally disproportionate amount of power based on our current system of government.

Consider:

• 5 of the current 9 Supreme Court justices were appointed by Presidents who came into office with a minority of the popular vote thanks to the electoral college system.
  • Due to differences in state populations the Democratic half of the Senate currently represents 41.5 million more people than the Republican half of the Senate. Yet we’re only at 50-50.
  • Due to various factors including (but not limited to) gerrymandering the Republicans are over-represented in the House relative to their number of voters by about 9%.

Democrats can always do more than they’re doing but it’s unclear if it would ever be possible to actually level the playing field in terms of getting political power that’s proportional to the number of votes they’re receiving. A constitutional amendment would require ratification by a number of smaller states who are unlikely to ever voluntarily surrender some of their disproportionate power.

I wish I had an answer but for now I guess Democrats are just stuck with the reality that they need to work much, much harder than the bigots do to earn enough votes to do something.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.