You won't need a pilot's license to fly this flying car, available soon, and here's its first video

Boats flying through the air, what could possibly go wrong?

(I know, I know, not the same thing, but I just couldn’t resist. Those drivers are up there with F1 in the “are they really really brave or just really really stupid” department)

2 Likes

Does it come it come with that soundtrack to drown out the massive prop noise?

2 Likes

Yeah, I think we’re heading for “rocketry” territory there… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking, until I saw that they remembered to squeeze in Token Happy Black Guy at the end. Then I wondered why they didn’t let him fly the new toy. Well, okay, I didn’t really wonder that.

7 Likes

If George Jetson can’t use it to commute to his job at Spacely Sprockets, it ain’t a flying car.

6 Likes

Good to know I was not the only one thinking that.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Or you could buy one of these kits (in existence, not vaporware…)

http://www.hovercraft.com/content/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=195

6 Likes

worrying about getting your head cut off, so bourgeois

6 Likes

For a ground effect watercraft, I’m holding out for one of these: http://seaphantom.com

1 Like

Ah I get it.

So this is a “flying bus?”

7 Likes

A friend of a friend bought a small hovercraft for use in grid square bagging- apparently there were a lot of unphotographed squares in the Wash.

Yup. You thought the little toy drones make a lot of noise…

1 Like

Yeah, I got bored by then and had stopped the video, so it doesn’t count.

2 Likes

Oh, I remember trips with those between Calais and Ramsgate in the 1970ies… Not really all that comfortable. Very loud and very bumpy when the waves hit the rubber skirt.

1 Like

I’d buy it if I could use Juicero pouches as fuel.

6 Likes

I didn’t quite make it all the way through, I’m afraid.

2 Likes

My thought exactly. It’s more like a No-Terrain Vehicle.

Also, I’m fairly certain the driver/pilot/fool at the controls must get wet as a salmon headed upstream during takeoffs and landings.

Thanks, but no. I’ll wait on the Jetsons car prototype I’ve wanted since age seven or eight.

Going deaf might be preferable to listening to that “music”.

3 Likes

Was gonna wade in to say exactly this. Gimme a pseudo-ekranoplan over that whirligig deathtrap any day.