Your favorite cover songs

The whole album is worth listening to, she has fantastic presentation.

3 Likes

I just did and she kicked it out of the park!

A strong Patti Smith vibe.

2 Likes

Two where the originals are so unique you might think they’d be uncoverable:

Also discovered this massive database of covers:

2 Likes

Brian May and Kerry Ellis have been collaborating on stuff for more than 20 years. They have a bunch of original stuff but also a bunch of covers that include a lot of Queen stuff of course.

This is the best arrangement of Defying Gravity from Wicked. It was arranged by Brian May, on the album version Taylor Hawkins played the drums. In this live version Rufus Taylor, Roger Taylor’s son, is playing drums. Rumor is Rufus Taylor may be the touring drummer when the Foo Fighters hit the road.

3 Likes

Here’s a good one, IMO:

7 Likes

Ah, Nightmare Before Christmas and Fiona Apple!!! Two of my favourite things!

2 Likes

In that case, you might like this; she did a pretty decent job, I think.

6 Likes

Uh… I specifically went looking for a video that referenced that film as little as possible.

I apologise and withdraw it, then.

No need; I’m just saying that majority of things I post have some active intent behind them.

I select most of the vids and images that I do with a fair amount of forethought.

I don’t doubt it. I thought the original was also worthy, and would explain why the end of the clip changed so abruptly for those who didn’t know. I had already assumed that you chose the version you did with purpose, and meant to be “as well” instead of “instead”, and I presumed too much.

2 Likes

No worries; I don’t doubt your good intent here.

3 Likes

As we were riffing on just how great Stevie was, here’s a banging cover of Another Star in a Brazilian, Japanese, French style from way back:

4 Likes
3 Likes

Božo Paradžik & Students Cover Henry Mancini’s “Pink Panther Theme”

2 Likes

Josh Turner & Rock E Bassoon Cover Steve Miller Band’s “Swingtown”

2 Likes

Not my ‘favorite cover,’ but it was something in its’ time:

2 Likes

As it’s nearly Sunday, here’s something mellow:

3 Likes
4 Likes

HAPPY WORLD GOTH DAY!