Your Internet-connected car is spying on you, and your premium could go up

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/18/your-internet-connected-car-is-spying-on-you-and-your-premium-could-go-up.html

2 Likes

Can your premium go down?

5 Likes

Laugh Lol GIF

8 Likes

Huh. That explains when I park in front of the men’s sauna my car says, " ::cough:: ::cough:: SLUT! ::cough::"

My car insurance company offered a lower premium if I’d let them track me. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Which is to say, the default rate is now the inflated “we’re going to assume you’re a dangerous driver” rate, they will graciously allow you to lower it to what should be the base rate based on statistics if and only if you agree to let them monitor you to an almost medical level of detail, and if you show any evidence of anything they don’t like, including any sign of, you know, human variance, they reserve the right to use that same data to blow your premiums through the stratosphere, and if you attempt to withdraw permission to use that data they’ll take that as evidence that you’ve got something to hide, with the same result.

5 Likes

Sounds familiar.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.