Your smartwatch knows your ATM and phone PIN

As has been mentioned above, who the heck wears their watch on their dominant hand?

3 Likes

this gave me a good chuckle…i probably should have cried a little bit too. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, sometimes lefties that don’t like the winding knob digging into their wris… Oh. smartwatch, carry on then.

1 Like

Ah, but my non-dominant hand is my drinky-hand, so if somebody asks me what time it is I spill all over myself…

1 Like

Are you disappointed in the article?

1 Like

I would like to know what patterns were employed, and whether or not it is properly unit-tested.

1 Like

Surely our technology is in permanent stasis, and proofs-of-concept will never be improved upon

1 Like

I never suggested otherwise. But the headline is extremely misleading and untrue.

1 Like

You bet your ass I am! Also in Cory posting this, in BoingBoing and the whole Internet itself.

Why, I want all my free entertainment to be up to my standards, or else!

4 Likes

@OtherMichael, one for the list!

1 Like

I am the memory for those lost to the ban-hammer; @jlw is the one with a personal interest in disappointment.

We do look rather similar in a bow-tie, but jlw is the one with engine-grease under his nails.

I can also just ban them so they can make your list?

1 Like

Are we being meanies today?

If so: I AM DISAPPOINT!

1 Like

Seems the simpler solution?

1 Like

Huh. When I wear a watch, I actually do wear it on my dominant hand and I realise now, in retrospect, that the reason for this is actually really frickin weird: when I was a kid I got a cheap watch, and my mom said I shouldn’t wear it on my left arm because the vibrating quartz crystal shouldn’t be on the arm that’s closer to my heart.

I don’t remember her being big into crystal energy type stuff in general, so I can only imagine that this advice came from Alive magazine or 1980s equivalent, but holy shit is it ever bizarre for me to think about it now. And yet I still wear a watch on my right hand because I always have, and because I’ve gotten used to it, so now wearing it on the left feels weird and uncomfortable.

3 Likes

Don’t forget to lock your wrist and finger unnaturally and move them in slow and predictable manner.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.