YouTube DOWN WORLDWIDE, 'video playback' problems, YouTube TV and Google TV too — working on a fix

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/11/youtube-down-worldwide-video-playback-problems-youtube-tv-and-google-tv-too-working-on-a-fix.html

4 Likes

I miss the videos.

Not the comments.

1 Like

It’s worth a try.

tenor

19 Likes

I guess I’m lucky that I can still see Alex Trebek swear like a sailor.

4 Likes

Appears to be back now, at least PNW servers where I am.

5 Likes

I had trouble yesterday (into the wee hours of the morning) getting YT to load into my favorite browser. Other browsers and the YT app seemed to work okay. After some troubleshooting, I thought I’d fixed the issue by turning off one of the filters in my ad-blocking app.

2 Likes

I wonder if this has any relation to the problems I’ve been having with the Google Home app. I tap on Mirror My Screen, and nothing happens.
I know the Chromecast is fine because I can cast other things to the TV through it.

Oh well, Trump never should have pissed off TikTok, and maybe this is the counterstrike…

Yeah, it was bugging me all day, but now it’s back.

2 Likes

As I understand it, chromecast is all based on DNLA and is local to your home network, and shouldn’t traverse out through your router. So it shouldn’t be affected by any google outages since it shouldn’t be relying on google’s servers/services to run.

3 Likes

YouTube to world: Move along, nothing to see here … because we’re having an outage

Looks like I slept through the whole “crisis”.
If only it were that simple for all the other current stuff…

4 Likes

It was pretty dicey last night when I couldn’t get a Zelda video to load. I was trying to beat a really hard level :wink:

“Dad - YouTube isn’t working”…ok it’s not our internet… “Maybe somebody hacked it” – conversation between me and my 8-year old.

Where were you when YouTube stopped?

2 Likes

“It was a snowy day and I decided to do some errands. I got in my car and began to drive slide…”

3 Likes

I said there was nothing wrong with the Chromecast. Other apps could still use it.

The Google Home app refused to mirror the screen. Then late yesterday, it was OK. That’s more than coincidental.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.