YouTube pulls four Infowars videos puts a hold on live streaming

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/07/26/youtube-pulls-four-infowars-vi.html

7 Likes

I can just hear the unironic complaints about the first amendment now…

11 Likes

I find it infinitely sad that Alex Jones lives in Austin. But then, Karl Rove got a home here. We are just to fucking nice for our own good.

5 Likes

Does he really need YouTube?
Can’t he just shout loud enough?

11 Likes

Your move, Zuckerberg!

11 Likes

3 Likes

Facebook VP of product Fidji Simo said, “I find Infowars absolutely atrocious. That being said, we have the hard job of trying to find a sense of balance between freedom of expression and safety.”

A job you’re fucking terrible at - it always boils down to what will get the larger number of clicks, and a hateful article from Infowars gets more ad revenue than a pulled posting, so Facebook and YouTube keep allowing this stuff on to their platform.

And remember folks, Facebook and the rest of them are just platforms with no editorial role - unless they need the protection of the courts which is only afforded to media companies - then they’re mysteriously, and temporarily, just like newspapers and television stations.

7 Likes

Replace all his videos with this, and nothing of value would be lost.

2 Likes

"In videos posted Tuesday on YouTube and Facebook, Jones called Robert Mueller, the special counsel who is investigating the Trump campaign’s ties to Russia, a pedophile and threatened to shoot him. The YouTube video has been removed; Facebook said the video did not violate its policies."

At this point it is clear that FB stands for FascistBook.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.