YouTube locks Donald Trump's channel

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/12/youtube-locks-donald-trumps-channel.html

9 Likes
17 Likes

What did he have on his youtube channel? It had to have been less unchained than his Twitter.

ETA: it’s mostly videos of him giving speeches so I was completely wrong.

1 Like

And another one down…

27 Likes

Most toxic online platform; Facebook, Twitter or Youtube: FIGHT!

2 Likes

Facebook. Hands down.

Twitter second, mostly because there’s more good content than FB.

YouTube by far the least toxic, as long as you pretend there is no comment section.

25 Likes

Or if the people who are posting vids are smart enough to disable all commentary.

9 Likes

Even YouTube comments aren’t always toxic; I follow some artists who have very supportive viewers. But I’ve seen some crazy stuff there, so yeah, it’s not always great.

8 Likes

But that’s just it: Youtube comments basically are Google’s social app.

1 Like

Fair point; the vids I’ve seen recently seemed to have mostly benign comments right beneath, but that was just from a casual side glimpse.

Like Duke, I tend to ignore the comments sections on the videos that dont have the feature turned off.

8 Likes

True; I’ve got a couple I interact with, but those channels are highly curated, with content creators who regularly interact with their followers in the comments.

6 Likes

Aww, I was really enjoying watching those videos where he does crazy things like eat a bunch of ghost chili peppers or drink out of the toilet and…wait I think I may be thinking of a different channel.

8 Likes

No, I’m pretty sure that’s it.

I guess I only really subscribe to YouTube channels on Roku…to Garbage Truck channels. Still for casual use I strongly recommend:

7 Likes

Here it is. This is the last video that he posted before being cancelled, of a speech he gave:

13 Likes

I used to adblock the comment section, but I haven’t been able to make that work for about a year.

7 Likes

There’s only one site whose comment section I trust, and that’s BoingBoing.
Everything else is a wasteland (though Kinja (Gizmodo and Jezebel) have their moments of goodness).

11 Likes

Amazing what you can do accomplish … once someone is no longer the president of the United States of America.

I feel really sorry for those people in the other timeline.

1 Like

Trump was in Texas last night waffling on about how fantastic his border wall is.

The US networks chose not to broadcast it but for some reason, on this side of the Atlantic Sky News broadcast the whole 30 minute hippo fart.

30 fucking minutes!

8 Likes

Disagree. I’d rank them Facebook, Youtube, then Twitter.

Twitter has done more to moderate stuff in the past year. Youtube is still struggling to control the indoctrination squad that is trying to pull our children into Yeehadist terrorism. I am deeply concerned about my sons being influenced by what they listen to on youtube by so-called “experts” than I am what they will read on Twitter these days.

Facebook, though, is literally run by fascist loving douche bros who commercialized Yeehadism for profits while working to bury progressive views.

6 Likes

Yeah, kids should absolutely not be given unsupervised Youtube access these days

6 Likes