YouTube's algorithm overwhelmingly recommended Russia Today's video about the Mueller report

I wonder if YT’s algorithm favors social media shares? So Russia Today puts out the video, then their troll accounts and botnets share it, and then YT thinks all those shares mean it’s especially engaging and relevant.

If all that’s the case, the Internet Research Agency should go into business promoting music festivals.

2 Likes

Like the graph; graph nonsensical. One axis says log(something) and has marks that go 0-200 and don’t progress as log(n), other says same(ish,) points on graph that aren’t channels recommending RT video…why are they there? Could I have fuzzier, friendlier graph points in a color that doesn’t photocopy more? [Laptop goes volte-face on a large Xerox production copier’s platen. Crack! Off to the collator with it.] What’s to recommend things making 0 box and still being counted? Gah.

4 Likes

YouTube knows your secret and dark desires apparently…

Sounds like some of the old Aphex Twin stuff.

2 Likes

I can’t yet figure out what 281 (ever) means. This could mean “Russian Crap Being Recommended on YT” is revenge for deplatforming Alex Jones. Or “ha ha, you deplatformed AJ and deserve this.” Or some other nearly nonsensical jumble?

281 has a long way to go until they are as cleverly cryptic as some of our more regular posters!

3 Likes

Following up on my earlier post, another piece of evidence that the fascists are being very aggressive in using social media. AfD, with the support of 11-15% of voters, accounts for 85% of all German political party posts shared on FB:

4 Likes

I’m sure the most reasonable way to interpret the post is just driving trollies for Trump. I don’t know if the lack of detail is intentional as a way of driving trollies or if it’s just assumed that we can read minds. But yeah, starting a post “that’s what you get” when the thread is about youtube’s algorithm makes it feel like “that” should be youtube’s algorithm (or it’s specific results in this case).

I mean, maybe this is what we* get from deplatforming Jones? Like, if Jones was still on youtube then maybe RT wouldn’t be a lone outlier because Jones would be right out there with it?

* We being humanity, since I had nothing to do with deplatforming Jones and can’t take credit.

4 Likes

I am glad my darkest desire has not been RT on the Mueller report but apparently I am now interested in real estate in Guadalajara.

What deep dark secrets « the Hu » holds for me only YouTube known since I have not yet clicked but they have been recommending it for months now.

Yes. Hainbach gets into the Polygon Window ambient sound some for sure.

Others have suggested it is a bot. If you reread its posts with that in mind what is says still doesn’t make any sense but the patterns of speaking seems very plausible. If it is human, then wow, I’d like to know how it manages to function IRL.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.