Zantac pulled from drugstore shelves over cancer fears

Health Canada has only issued an advisory. No recall, yet. They also say if you’re on a prescription do not stop until you and your doctor have worked out an alternative, as the risk from the conditions it’s treating is higher than that from th NDMA. The companies are escalating to recall, to play things safe.

The notice, which won’t open on this browser also states that the levels exceed safe if taken over a lifetime.

I have about a three month supply. Hopefully this all blows over soon.

2 Likes

I feel for you. One of my college roommates, suffering from severe reflux, and not wanting the risks that came along with drugs to treat the problem, now eats lunch as his final meal of the day. Gave up alcohol entirely, eats nothing after about 1PM, with a 9+ hour gap before bed, he drinks only water after lunch.

Kills certain kinds of socializing, but on the plus size he has no problem staying fit.

3 Likes

It is one of the medications I use to control hives. I mostly have things under control through diet, but occasional flareups mean a handful of zantac, allegra, benadryl, claritin, and sometimes atarax. I’ll have to do without the one, I suppose.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.