Zuck tells Parliament they'll have to arrest him if they want him to testify

and cat fancier

1 Like

the BBC isn’t a transnational shareholder-owned company

3 Likes

I think there are very few British mps who are in any position to criticize FB over privacy.

2 Likes

Corollary: There are very many British MPs who would like to point fingers at a greater villain on privacy than themselves.

6 Likes

Probably the same is true of US representatives (though to be honest I am not sure what specifically you are referring to - but I do accept that some UK MPs have many faults opening them to charges of hypocrisy).
Whatever UK MPs’ privacy issues are, they do represent the electorate and have legitimate concerns about how FB has treated UK citizens’ data.

1 Like

He’s turning down a golden opportunity to see the Tower of London in a way that relatively few have. The poor fool.

4 Likes

Forget the head of the world service, I expect the the director-general of the BBC would personally attend to answer questions.

3 Likes

Did you object when Rupert Murdoch (a US citizen) was summoned by a parliamentary committee?

2 Likes

That was pretty much the impression I got here in the US, watching politicians who, not two months ago, voted to allow the NSA to spy on Americans, acting like they were in any position to be talking to Zuckerberg about privacy.

2 Likes
  1. Rupert Murdoch is the fakest of fake Americans. He bought his citizenship as a ploy in getting a business deal approved. I don’t think it even worked.

2. His motivations in the UK are similar. He wants to BUY things in the UK.

3. If Zuck were trying to get British citizenship and buy Sky TV, then yeah he’d better go talk to Parliament when they tell him to.

So it only matters when it’s a real American. Got it

How about when Mark Zuckerberg is planning to move his UK side of his business to a new building in London?

Murdoch is having a harder time now that it is known that he was wilfully ignorant of the hacking going on at his British businesses. Why should Mark Zuckerberg be treated any different?

2 Likes

LOL, I so read that as, ‘cat financier’. I think it might have worked better.

You come across as complaining that water is wet, again.

Is it like the goldfish, are you still surprised by the plastic castle every. single. time?

No, no, No! Listen to his 40 point answer!

1. I did it to piss of Joey.
  2. I did it to piss of Joey.
  3. I did it to piss of Joey.
  4. I did it to piss of Joey.
  5. I did it to piss of Joey.
  6. I did it to piss of Joey.
  7. I did it to piss of Joey.
  8. I did it to piss of Joey.
  9. I did it to piss of Joey.
  10. I did it to piss of Joey.
  11. I did it to piss of Joey.
  12. I did it to piss of Joey.
  13. I did it to piss of Joey.
  14. I did it to piss of Joey.
  15. I did it to piss of Joey.
  16. I did it to piss of Joey.
  17. I did it to piss of Joey.
  18. I did it to piss of Joey.
  19. I did it to piss of Joey.
  20. I did it to piss of Joey.
  21. I did it to piss of Joey.
  22. I did it to piss of Joey.
  23. I did it to piss of Joey.
  24. I did it to piss of Joey.
  25. I did it to piss of Joey.
  26. I did it to piss of Joey.
  27. I did it to piss of Joey.
  28. I did it to piss of Joey.
  29. I did it to piss of Joey.
  30. I did it to piss of Joey.
  31. I did it to piss of Joey.
  32. I did it to piss of Joey.
  33. I did it to piss of Joey.
  34. I did it to piss of Joey.
  35. I did it to piss of Joey.
  36. I did it to piss of Joey.
  37. I did it to piss of Joey.
  38. I did it to piss of Joey.
  39. I did it to piss of Joey.
  40. I did it to piss of Joey.
    We dully recognise that your boring questions are of no importance to us and thus have no plans to change our your t-shirt. Or shorts.

Sincerely, your deaf leopard (Felis silvestris catus Linnaeus 1758)

2 Likes

Sadly today that would be the case, since the govt forced the BBC to take responsibility for funding the World Service. Previously the WS head was entirely independent of the BBC.

What a daft metaphor. Water has no choice but to be wet, and no awareness of the consequences of being wet. Cory has a choice and chooses to misrepresent things, which has consequences. Or are you saying he has no choice and is perhaps robotically programmed to be this way and does not know what he does? (Rhetorical question.)
And others may all be expected to realise water is wet but not all others may realise what Cory is doing (as one or two participants in this thread have amply demonstrated) so it seems to me to be not unreasonable to draw their attention to it.
Let’s just agree to differ here. You refrain from ciriticising, and ignore it. When it is more than hyperbole and is just plain fiction/lies, deliberately spreading misinformation, I may not.

(Edited for typos and to moderate language)

2 Likes

Don’t mess with business cat

2 Likes

The UK could pass legislation to make them cease operations there, which honestly i hope they do anyway

FYP?

No, they couldn’t.

Society would collapse. An eternal winter would cover the land, the Fenris wolf would devour the moon, Frost giants would rampage across Midgard and people would be mildly inconvenienced by having to remember people’s birthdays and keeping address books.

I’m all for it of course.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.