1870s "Femme Fatale" ring pistol shoots tiny bullets

Thank you, but I prefer it my way.

I got one a flea market and I wondered what it was called. They were often given away to fruit buyers with company logos on them. The idea was they had to be large enough to slice produce completely in half for inspection. I think my GF liked it so much she took it.

I read the description ā€œGerman silver ring revolverā€ to mean that it hailed from Germany, but no, the ā€œGerman silverā€ is a description of the material (i.e. nickel/brass alloy, not actually silver).
The Great Gazoogle informs me that the Femme Fatale producer also made them in 5- and 6-shot versions ā€“
http://www.waynedriskillminiatures.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/Ring-Gun-Femme-Fatale-5-shot-1.JPG

ā€“ while also supplying more butch versions with bigger cartridges for guys.

2 Likes

it would seem ā€œfruit knifeā€ is dominant, but either is correct

http://www.epicureanedge.com/shopexd.asp?id=85352

Really those arenā€™t ā€œbulletsā€ or even cartridges - those are percussion caps.

2 Likes

heheā€¦ I like that :smile:

1 Like

Are those percussion caps or tiny ā€œfrenchā€ pinfire cartridges?

Anyone have any measurements (caliber) on these things?

I agree with the peanut gallery in that getting shot by one of these things may not drop you, but getting shot by anything and bleeding enough would certainly make you reconsider staying in proximity to someone shooting at you regardless of how weenie the caliber is.

1 Like

Not so sure about that. Iā€™m pretty sure I could fire a .22 short off of any of my fingers without breaking it, and those can actually do some damage. These rings look to be of a smaller caliber than .22. Yeah, itā€™s going to be a pretty wimpy shot, but Iā€™d bet it could break skin/cause some tissue damage (no hydrostatic damage etcā€¦, but who wants even little holes drilled in them?)

Sez ā€œ2mm pinfireā€ on one of the auction sites (the manly masculine versions were 4mm pinfire). And the images on the original post match that description.

Remember that she has it next time she wants to 'tell you a secret, come close so you can hear."

That gives the ā€œExploding palm techniqueā€ a whole new meaningā€¦

As we get into progressively curvier folding knives with pointier hilts, itā€™s French > Spanish ā€œNavajasā€ > ā€œGypsyā€ knifes. The French version has a corkscrew, but probably so does everything else in France. The straight version seems to be the American ā€œfruit knife.ā€

huh. okay.

thatā€™s the beauty of life. ya learn something new every day.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.