50,000 march against austerity in London, BBC doesn't notice

The “unacceptable leftwing bias” is about things like Jeremy Clarkson getting caught saying racist nursery rhymes, and how it was acceptable for the complainers to say that when they were young (political correctness gone mad and all that crap).

This is about the non-reporting, misreporting, and abuse of anything vaguely leftwing and in opposition to the government. Compare the recent coverage of Ukip against the coverage of the Green Party, where Nigel Farage seemed to complain if he didn’t get a positive news story every day, whereas Caroline Lucas MP was lucky to get an abusive interview on local election night (which was interupted for the incredibly important shot of Farage pulling a pint)

1 Like

Well, there were other people there than ‘ooo, don’t votey-wotey!’ Brand, who can wither and die for all I care.

1 Like

Huh. Do I read that right, that he was censured for saying “Eeny meeny miny moe, catch a [mumblemumble]”? Is the rhyme really indelibly racist in Britain? I’m willing to believe that the original used the N-word, but it was all over when I was growing up and I never heard it with anything except “tiger.”

More Jeremy Clarkson is indelibly racist, really.

Has this happened before with him? The article doesn’t really make it clear; he apparently said “Eeny meeny miny moe, catch a…” followed by an indistinct mumble, and everyone assumed he meant the N-word. I mean, I don’t know Jeremy Clarkson from Adam, I’m not trying to either defend or condemn him. I’m just curious if the assumption was made because he has a history of racist bullshit, or because “eeny meeny miny moe” is assumed to be racist.

Bit of both, really. But it’s not the first time Jezza’s been whistling on TV as it were. He’s a dick.

Yes, he has a history of racist bullshit, as well as ableist and homophobic bullshit. He’s a bit like Prince Philip, both are British institutions who can reliably cause offence by opening their mouths.

“Eeny meeny miny moe” isn’t racist in its current form, there was no need for Clarkson to mumble if he was using that form. He is supposedly on his last warning, although, given the profits the BBC make from Top Gear, I have my doubts about that.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.