60 Minutes attains new journalistic low with NSA puff-piece

How would a BIOS attack move from one computer to an entire network (including all back-ups) and crash anything as massive as Wall St?

…a complete disaster…

…a total failure of journalistic integrity, filled with softball questions and straw-men, and lacking in commentary from a single NSA critic.

Hey Cory, do you imagine for a second that 60 Minutes actually attempted journalism and failed?

Relax, everything’s going perfectly to plan.

2 Likes

Sssssshhhh… You’re not meant to question their claims, just know that they’re the good guys and that everything is going to be all right…

What they actually mean is that the NSA has backdoored a load of BIOS chips produced by multiple manufacturers with the right kind of spyware / kill switch.

… he’s about to be hired in an intelligence role for the NYPD, a deal that has been described as “a 99.44 percent done deal.”

Well that, at least, is slightly cheering to those of us in the worshipful guild of ninety nine point x metricians. He has not quite achieved the coveted 99.465 percent donicity level required to guarantee - short of sudden death - the appointment.

2 Likes

It desperately needs a rebuttal and here’s an excellent one: from Errata Security

Buying a 60 minute infomercial on CBS is one way to get your message across … But it would have been more fun to get North Korea Peoples Daily to cover the matter: “Thrice cursed security contractor Edward Snowden, who was worse than a dog, and human scum, was guilty of plotting to use the constitution, despite the kind and paternal comfort given to him by Uncle Sam…”

4 Likes

I think it’s just another example that there is a state influenced/controlled media in the US.

For other examples see here:

or just remember what happened during/before the second Gulf/Iraq War to Peter Arnett - NBC and National Geographic, Brian Walski - Los Angeles Times, Phil Donahue - MSNBC for criticizing the Government and War.

No one would bat an eye if things like this happened in Russia or China … you know the jokes “In Soviet Russia …”

2 Likes

Same kind of bogus coverage on ABC by Diane Sawyer on the judge’s ruling against the NSA on phone surveillance. OMG - it was a serious blow to the War on Terror!

I nearly barfed. Gotta be very careful about mixing mainstream media and meals, these days…

2 Likes

You do realise that the NSA and CBS are both funded by the same Illuminati splinter group, right?

The Judean People’s Illuminated Cabal? Bunch of splitters…

4 Likes

That screen cap is pure gold, thanks for the laugh, Cory.

2 Likes

Wait…you don’t really think that the NSA is going to allow a REAL journalist to look inside the super secret, keeping-us-safe-from-the-evildoers, chamber of patriotic sneakiness, do you?

1 Like

John Miller is the guy who interviewed Osama bin Laden a long time ago, and I’ll never forget the haunting words of bin Laden recorded in the interview. So I always had a bit of respect for John Miller doing that gutsy thing.
I guess that respect has pretty much now evaporated now that he appears as a spineless jellyfish at the NSA throwing underhand slow pitch softballs. What a precipitous demise. I guess it even means I’ll question the validity of that old interview with bin Laden from now on.

I think the sad truth here is that this piece was designed to placate the largest voting block we have, the elderly. The elderly tend to trust CBS/ABC/NBC news and 60 Minutes is no exception. They also tend to harbor more fear about the world than is realistic or healthy. So, if their government says there are bad guys and they are protecting us from them and then 60 Minutes backs them up, the elderly voters will believe it and nothing in Washington will change.
FUD

I think you’re on to something here.

They’re the sworn mortal enemies of the Illuminated People’s Cabal of Judea.

1 Like

The screen cap is abslutely worth of a caption contest! I’m going with,

“Nuh-uhhh! You don’t get to take my toys. Mo-o-o-mmm!”

Which is just why we need people who will do what they’re not allowed to do.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.