A fake Harvard diploma costs $650

[Permalink]

1 Like

I always wondered why people get these things. I assume some people think they’d be useful for landing a job, but any potential employer who needs verification of your education is almost certainly more likely to request copy of your transcript.

4 Likes

Wow… for $650 they must put a lot of effort into these!

It’d be phat to buy one and make a paper airplane out of it.

5 Likes

It’s not the same thing, but Jeffrey Archer managed to get away with falsely claiming he had been an Oxford undergraduate, and eventually became deputy chairman of the Conservative Party.

4 Likes

It’s refreshing to see such an honest expression of the entrepreneurial spirit. It gives me hope for my own business venture: forgedpassports.com.

10 Likes

Don’t you mean “realforgedpassorts.com”?

3 Likes

We NEVER make fake diplomas representing nursing, medical, mental-health, dental, legal, law enforcement, aviation, military or government certification or public safety professions. We NEVER make fake diplomas that might be used to circumvent the security of our country.

Don’t worry. A Homeland Security diploma is an attempt to cash in on fear. It’s not a real field like Philology.

4 Likes

After all of those years I spent at Reed College…
Not so much at; I bicycled through the campus on my way to the gym. But I did hit on a couple of lesbians while I was there. At the college and the gym.

3 Likes

Since $650 probably wouldn’t cover a semester’s worth of textbooks this is not a bad deal.

4 Likes

5 Likes

I still have two transcripts from college filed away in my Important Documents file. I got them back when I was first graduating college. All the books said my employers would want to see them. No one has EVER asked for a college transcript or my GPA. I suppose if you go on to Grad school or particular academic professions it’s important. I wish they’d tell you that when you head off to college. Don’t worry about your GPA or transcript. Have fun!

5 Likes

What a ripoff. I got my doctorate in divinity from Oxford for $5 at a Ren Faire.

3 Likes

guys

guys

dig if u will my can’t-miss kickstarter idea

guys

reproduction diplomas

including ones from your alma mater

with your name on them

printed on soft, absorbent toilet-grade paper

do i need to spell it out

6 Likes

Clearly Harvard needs to combat this practice by including special foil holograms on its diplomas.

(Actually, considering what they charge for tuition, they could probably start including some kind of DRM in the paper that will phone home to Harvard’s servers to establish its authenticity, or something.)

2 Likes

No need, it’s a well-known fact that all Harvard diplomas contain a tiny amount of the recipient’s blood, sweat, and tears. DNA testing takes care of the rest.

3 Likes

Whenever I wrestle with my resume, one of the biggest problems I have is describing my education: I was at the university for three years, but didn’t graduate. I don’t want to leave that off, but I can’t find a way to gracefully express that I didn’t graduate – interviewers always ask about it. I can’t help but think that the process would go more smoothly for all involved if I just lied and said I did graduate. I don’t lie, but it’s less about worrying that they’ll check, than about ethics, and a bit of residual longing for a bit of essential meaning.

Easy, just have a line item for each institution of higher learning showing the years that you attended, don’t mention the degree at all. Once your resume’ has enough work experience to fill two pages interviewers generally won’t notice or care.

1 Like

I don’t mention a degree at all, and the interviewers always ask when I graduated.

Also, the advice I’ve always gotten about writing a resume is that going longer than one page, or including anything farther back than ten years, or any work not related to the position, is going to get your resume summarily thrown out. So padding is not an option.

2 Likes

I have the same story, but it’s at a public university, so it’s not quite so much of a problem. The university was nice enough to hire me as an engineer 25 years later. I don’t remember the lack of a degree being a problem, but then again they created the job position for me after I solved a sticky problem for them as a contractor.

2 Likes

If you can’t spell, they’re going to be shitty diplomas!

1 Like