Adorable kittens, 9 days old, cry adorably and are available for adoption (video)

[Permalink]

They are incredibly cute, but I think that might be a cover. They appear to have broken Miles’ nose.

2 Likes

Pretty cat, pretty cat, why do you weep?

I weep for humanity, you internet creep.

3 Likes

Cute, but I want to see Miles and his drone, My mom had a stroke and and she could always do the “impossible” with one hand. I’ve always liked Miles’ reporting (Zeni, yours too). Sorry for the struggles you’ve both endured but I love the way you have been open and strong throughout! Thanks!

They are much to young to be adopted. ASPCA says 8 to 10 weeks.

Cat Care | Grooming | Nutrition | Disease | Behavior | ASPCA
“The weaning process normally begins when kittens are around four weeks
old, and is usually completed when they reach eight to ten weeks. If you
are in charge of weaning an orphaned kitten, please remember that
weaning should not be attempted at too early of an age. Generally, when a
kitten’s eyes are open and able to focus, and he is steady on his feet,
the introduction of solid food can safely begin.”

1 Like

I’m sure we’d all like to hear what their circumstances are. At 9 days old they’re obviously not suitable for adoption and would be their mother. As they’re being cared for by a vet it’s clearly not a clueless owner, but a clarification would help prevent the inevitable comments.

1 Like

Prevent comments? What, no internet?

Still, yeah, way too young for adoption, but a vet knows that.

1 Like

My cat loves this. It makes her purr.

2 Likes

I presume they’re being shown off as a “teaser” to get folks interested in adopting when they are old enough.

A friend of mine once said “The only problem with kittens is that they grow up to be cats.” Personally I’m a cat-lover but I do understand his point of view; infants of most mammalian species are irresistably cute, at least once they’re developed enough to start interacting with the world around them. (It’s a survival feature, I think – keeps their parents from abandoning them.)

1 Like

My cat, I dunno, made a weird growling noise and tried to climb behind my computer to find the kittens.

1 Like

In the picture next to Miles’ face it looks like a little lion. Some day, human … some day.

My cat spent over 30 min trying to find the kittens. It was kind of heartbreaking to watch how determined she was to rescue the lost kittens.

After I thought about it, with the purring and snuggling, she may have been trying to provide comfort, answering the distress call. She’s very empathetic.

Is your cat male? Just curious. I guess s/he doesn’t like competition.

When I played the video, I got a ‘WarTune’ pop-up under the screen that said…

“You know they’ve got to be evil!”

“Slay them now for free!”

“Play Now!”

That is either unfortunate or awesome. You decide.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.