After calling Mike Brown memorial a 'pile of trash,' Ferguson police public relations rep let go

[Permalink]

3 Likes

So this public relations rep is facing more severe consequences than other officers in different cities for killing unarmed teenagersā€¦

26 Likes

Looks like Missouri is in for a long hot summer .

4 Likes

Well, at least now we know what it takes for a member of the police force to be fired.

Oh, wait, he was merely placed on unpaid leave. I guess thatā€™s something.

2 Likes

If a spokespersonā€™s job is to say what the department really thinks, seems like he was actually doing a pretty good job.

15 Likes

That alone is so extraordinary as to lead me to believe theyā€™ve already made up their minds to fire him.

Itā€™s interesting that for a PR rep to say a memorial ā€œlooks like a pile of trashā€ = gross incompetence

But a police officer killing an unarmed suspect is just doing his job :cry:

EDIT: added missing phrase

8 Likes

This reminds me of a saying I learned when I was a kid: if you canā€™t say something niceā€¦ about the person your department killed, keep your damn gob shut. Is that how it went?

2 Likes

You know, the PR dude should have shot the reporter. That way, he gets paid leave.

23 Likes

How about we just move all the memorial stuff to the grave site!

Really? So we kill people for having an ā€œattitudeā€ now?

Is that what you meant to say?

13 Likes

Itā€™s been that ways since before the days of Emmett Till.

4 Likes

The empathic person doesnā€™t condem a memorial as a pile of trash, but helps to build a more elegant memorial.

8 Likes

Thank goodness we have people like you here to tell us how things really are.

6 Likes

Hell, heā€™s facing more severe consequences than cops from that same department that threatened to shoot reporters, that filed false charges (after having detained the wrong guy), that assaulted and even killed people.

10 Likes

Thuggishness is defined in law as a Class AAA Superfelony. Trials, and other sorts of due process are too good for such despicable exiles from the polity, and the prescribed penalty for those deemed guilty is immediate execution.

8 Likes

Mmmm maybe PR isnā€™t this guyā€™s best career path.

ā€œOK gang, I got the new slogan! - ā€˜Soylent Green: Itā€™s People!ā€™ - Ah? Ah? What do you think? Do we have a winner or what?ā€

3 Likes

T.W.A. (Thiefz wit Attitudes) is my Abbie Hoffman / NWA mashup tribute band.

5 Likes

Looks like meatā€™s troll is back on the menu, boys happy mutants!

6 Likes

Yeah, kid was being all ā€œuppityā€. Canā€™t be having that now, can we?

Also:

Um, no. And neither have you.

18 Likes

Alas, poor willy, we hardly knew ye for one post longer than we wishā€™d.

Heā€™s suspended until ā€œuser.suspendedTillDateā€ which may turn out to be the 12th of Never.

7 Likes