All-purpose apology for corrupt, inept, thieving, substance-abusing Canadian politicians

[Permalink]

If this is meant to be an all-purpose apology for all (Canadian) politicians, itā€™s missing a few points.
Off the top off my head Iā€™d add

• indecent exposure
  • miscellaneous sexual deviant acts
  • tax fraud
  • taking candy from babies
  • eating puppies
  • worshipping Stan
  • worshipping Satan
  • selling out the human race to reptile alien overlords

what did I miss?

submitted by phoe1: punched Coryā€™s kitten in the groin

Well, for a start, I missed these:

3 Likes

I think the story behind this track is that the voices are from a radio call-in program. The irate callerā€™s voice is sped up and the politicianā€™s voice is slowed way down.

3 Likes

There are days, when I come to the inevitable conclusion, that all politicians exist for the sole purpose of diverting the attention of the public away from the people who have real power.

7 Likes

Bumble. Fuck.

4 Likes

Only for Canadians?

2 Likes

Once you get a pass with, ā€œI might have done it while I was drunk out of my mind,ā€ why do you need to add anything else?

4 Likes

Why hasnā€™t he resigned? Heā€™s not fit for office.

Iā€™m beginning to pity him. He looks like death warmed over in that photo.

1 Like

when I scrolled to story I momentarily saw this (click)

wow, that was weird

1 Like

Rob Ford: ā€œI only smoke crack when Iā€™m drunk.ā€

Rob Ford: ā€œBut thatā€™s my secretā€¦ Iā€™m ALWAYS DRUNK.ā€

Zing!

#hulksmokecrack

3 Likes

He is a conservative who has been for cutting city services to reduce taxes for himself and his wealthy donors. He has gleefully demeaned low income people, minorities and women. He is a bully and lawbreaker who will happily ruin peopleā€™s lives for doing exactly the same things he does: drug taking and selling, drunk driving, spouse abuse, corruption, just to name a few.

The very picture in this post is available because the woman pictured with him is having her ass grabbed and squeezed by that lout while the picture is being taken.

This guy deserves no sympathy, just as he has given no sympathy to anyone.

10 Likes

It should be noted that the catch-all is also supposed to be a mea culpa for the three Conservative senators that just got suspended/booted for extensive expense fraud/embezzlement (normally a lifelong appointed position; thereā€™s no precedent for this). Who knew we Canadians could be so exciting!?

1 Like

Indeed. ā€œIn one of my drunken stuporsā€ is one of the most amazing things Iā€™ve ever heard a politician say as a way of explaining his activities. As if it explains everything - though I suppose it does, but not in the way he thinks.

5 Likes

He is mayor of the city where Cory grew up.

4 Likes

Steve Martin once had an all-purpose apology in his stand up routine. Itā€™s on the 1979 album ā€˜Comedy is not prettyā€™. He suggests that whenever youā€™re in trouble all you need are two simple words from the english language:
ā€˜I forgot.ā€™

Your honour, I forgot that armed robbery was illegal.
etc.

1 Like

Half of the photos I see of Rob Ford remind me of Tor Johnson.

He could have a great career in B movies if he ever leaves politics.

2 Likes

Why should he? Heā€™s only using all these substances to boost his performance as a mayor to superhuman level, like all these guys at the olympic games!

No, seriously: have you ever tried argueing with an alcoholic or drug addict? Heā€™s lost touch with reality. Maybe in time heā€™ll realize what heā€™s been doing and how much damage this did to him and the world around him and seek help. Maybe. Some people seek help at the point when they run out of excuses (excuses to themselves, not others).

Itā€™s rare enough that a sane and stable person realizes itā€™s time to step down. Thatā€™s why term in office is limited, among other reasons.
Is there some sort of impeachment contingency here? In some countries itā€™s possible to vote a mayor out of office, preempting his term.
After all itā€™s the citizens job to elect a suitable candidate, there should be a process to correct mistakes.

@Cory: keep on posting. This is interesting (in a morbid watching a train wreck happening sort of way, but interesting), you just canā€™t make up stuff like that.
Please try to disentangle the anger and the hate. Anger gives you power to act, hate just kills your soul.

2 Likes

Iā€™d be in favour of pensioning him off - letā€™s be generous and assume he did something useful during his career - thereā€™s no point letting him melt down in public. Can a deputy mayor step in? Can he be deemed unfit for office? If he stepped under a bus or had a heart attack, what is the normal process for when a term of office ends prematurely? Just action that processā€¦

1 Like