Anti-forced-marriage charity advises women to put spoons in their underwear to trigger private airport search

You really don’t understand human nature, then, and especially the fears of a teenage (or even prepubescent) girl who is afraid of and yet simultaneously loves her family.

1 Like

I’m sure I don’t, as I’m a grown man. Which is one of the reasons I asked.

Nirvana and karma are also terms used in Hinduism.

Didn’t know that - thanks. I still wonder what they were thinking.

Boys are forced into marriages too. The key here is perhaps in the age difference and degree of liberty they parents let them have. Women are usually forced into marriage at a younger age and are therefore far more helpless when it happens. In addition such girls often live their lives being 100% controlled by their parents. The spoon advice is something they can actually manage to pull off.
In general, boys in the same communities are give relatively more freedom and are typically older when parents start planning their marriages. I would suppose they have more options to call out for help are therefore less of a concern for the charity in question.

1 Like

Security guys aren’t known for their deep empathy for the people they’re searching. I would expect that the most likely response of the security goons, once they find out there’s no concealed weapon, will be to reprimand (or maybe cite) the girl for “wasting their time” and send her back to her parents.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.