Ashley St. Clair: latest member of the Leopards Eating People's Faces Party who is surprised that leopards are eating her face

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/03/ashley-st-clair-latest-member-of-the-leopards-eating-peoples-faces-party-who-is-surprised-that-leopards-are-eating-her-face.html

19 Likes

Moi8Rpr

32 Likes

Lie down with dogs…

22 Likes

Another kapo learns about life with fascists the hard way. Maybe she can commiserate with Candace Owens (assuming that Ashley doesn’t count white supremacy amongst her idiotic views).

24 Likes

“Tell you the truth, we only do it as a civic duty; we don’t even like faces.”

54 Likes

Lie down with face eating leopards, wake up without faces.

31 Likes

She sure thought she’d be a Wife rather than a Handmaid, I guess. Seems she thought wrong.

24 Likes

As I and others have said many times, if you are not a straight, white, rich, Catholic, and male, there is zero reason to vote with Republican. If you’re missing any of these, they consider you at best inferior, at worst non-human.

9 Likes

You sure about that Catholic part? Plenty, actually most, of these asshats are evangelical Protestants.

46 Likes

Yeah, the Republican party is made up of conservative Christians of various sorts, including Mormons and Catholics, that are actively courted, as well as conservative Jews and Muslims, Hindus, etc. (that aren’t actively courted, but see their patriarchal views reflected in the party). But that alliance relies on Republicans not actually getting what they want, because the evangelicals at the core want a theocracy that disenfranchises the ungodly other, and consider the Mormons and Catholics (much less everyone else) to be actual agents of Satan.

So, you know, it’s face-eating leopards all the way down.

32 Likes

Yep, WASP, not WASC. :+1:

15 Likes

They need to hurry up and give Margaret Atwood the Nobel prize.

18 Likes

Do they have a prize for the Predictve Sciences?

11 Likes

The old Republican party may have been openly hostile to Catholics, Mormons, etc., but the new party welcomes them - then discriminates against them and plans for a future that they aren’t a part of. Makes it easier to ignore the leopards…

14 Likes

Yeah the alliance with the Mormons especially always seemed odd to me. They aren’t trinitarian. The Trinity is like a foundational belief among evangelical Protestants. I know at one time Billy Graham’s list of cults included both the Mormons and the Unitarian-Universalists, and I’m pretty sure it was because they didn’t accept the Trinity.

20 Likes

…get up with rabies.

16 Likes

I see some faster pedant has already pointed out the cheetah.

9 Likes

Catholics remain one of the few Christian faiths in America whose followers are more likely to vote Democratic than Republican, mostly because of the generations of bigotry from American conservatives that you mention.

19 Likes

Cheetahs never prosper.

[ducks]

16 Likes

I’m sorry but while there is CERTAINLY a right wing catholic movement, there not nearly the majority that make up the far right movement. Only about 25% of Americans are Catholic… The far right is led by white Evangelical Christians, not generally speaking Catholics. More Catholics vote for the Democratic party, and pretty has since the 19th century. Many are well aware that if things really go bad here, they’ll be on the list of “not real Americans” because they have been in the past. Both Irish and Italians immigrants were sometimes the victims of the KKK back in the day. So, let’s deal with facts here, and stop pretending like a minority religious population is the REAL threat here, when it’s not, even if some right wing Catholics have decided to throw in their lot with the Christian dominionists that dominate the far right here.

Yeah, that’s not correct. There are certainly right wing catholics voting for Trump because of Dobbs, but it’s not driving this movement.

Yet another group who will be marched to the camps if the MAGA folks win.

jinx @Brainspore

18 Likes