Assassin bug covers itself with a meat-shield of its victims

Most movie monsters are clearly copied from real biology. The Xenomorphs from Alien? Parasitic Wasps inject their eggs into living hosts – chestbursters are real, but fortunately they only affect other insects and not John Hurt.

1 Like

Yes, and they’re invariably inferior and implausible copies. . . like something a third grader would come up with. Somebody who actually knows biology can invent more realistic and scarier creatures that don’t run on 90% magic.

The equivalent would be a homicidal maniac bedecked in mangled human corpses entering a crowded house to find more victims and all the people in the house not sensing any danger because of the smell of rotting human flesh emitted by his vile costume.

Think of it in terms of a zombi apocalypse ; it then makes sense to cover yourself in zombi guts, so that they don’t know that you are one of the living.

Of course this concerns the “Walking Dead” universe, not the “world war Z” movie.

I was thinking it was more like the bad insect alien from Men In Black.

“You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead hands!”
“Your offer is acceptable.”

1 Like

Happens to you, too, huh?

Poor ants! :frowning:

Acanthaspis in Greek means “Shield of thorns”

1 Like

Haha, I can imagine how this could be played in a comedic way. The alien could be baffled at the ineffectiveness of its meat camouflage.

1 Like

HA! I once did a response to a ‘write the story inspired by this picture’ post where I took exactly the same angle! It was especially surprised by the data indicating that adding a previously trusted host to a previously successful undercover agent only increased his risk of identification.

I’ve seen variants on the theme in various media (Men in Black comes instantly to mind) but it’s a concept that’s really fertile ground for a quick bit of horror. :smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.