At life sentencing, defense lawyer calls murderer and rapist a "slightly boring man"

[Permalink]

Cocaine is great for making boring people more interesting.

Or at least that’s what they think when they’re doing cocaine.

6 Likes

Thay’s how I remember it too.

1 Like

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

1 Like

Sad all round

2 Likes

Could you re-word the sentence? Not sure that we need to know their jobs in the same sentence where we learn that the two rape victims managed to get away before they were murdered too. After the sentence which quotes the criminal referencing his murder victim as a “prostitute”, that would be a better place to indicate that the other two women were also sex workers. Otherwise, it seems prejudicial to make that the first thing you hear about the women, even before the fact that they managed to escape.

7 Likes

Agreed.
And BB please explain what is “but” doing in this sentence: “His victims were sex workers, but the two managed to escape when he was distracted”.

2 Likes

Yes, good call. I’ve changed it to this:

The two managed to escape when he was distracted, reports the Falkirk Herald. Realizing his predicament, Mathieson called police and told them that “I’ve been high on drugs and I’ve killed a prostitute,” and surrendered upon their arrival.

The three victims were sex workers who had been called to the house by Mathieson after his partner went for a night out with colleagues.

The sentence was obviously problematic. It was made so by my hamfisted editing for conciseness.

7 Likes

Curse you, fists-of-ham!

So conveniently delicious, though!

5 Likes

Oh, good, how can I get some shipped to the editorial staff here?

If cocaine caused this, then Charlie Sheen must have murdered around 10000 women.

1 Like

it is ok to do this

1 Like
  1. Were you doin’ coke when you typed this?

2. You, uhhhh. . . got any more?

1 Like

Not murdered, but…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.