Man seeks police help in finding his bag containing $47,000 in cocaine

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/23/man-seeks-police-help-in-finding-his-bag-containing-47000-in-cocaine.html

2 Likes

“He’s never been caught before. So he totally deserves to get off scot free this time for trafficking $47,000 worth of cocaine.”

3 Likes

Well, that blows.

7 Likes

You had ONE job…

8 Likes

Don’t think I didn’t see what you did there, you magnificent bastard (I’m assuming that was intentional, but if not, well… subconscious is a weirdly funny thing)

And sucks.

I wonder if the shop keeper peeked inside the bag and then called the popo on the mule and waited for his return.

1 Like

327eb662c69ce7098b3fb6bb860ef9ac

1 Like

Well, you could take a straw poll?

1 Like

Honestly I’m pretty OK with all nonviolent drug convictions to be treated this way.

Plus he presumably still owes somebody $47,000 worth of cocaine so I wouldn’t assume he really got off “scot free.”

3 Likes

With the exception, perhaps, of the OxyContin-pushing pharma executives that destroyed thousands of lives?

2 Likes

I am too for a lot of things. But I have to say when I read the story I kind of projected it into the US and imagined some white trafficker getting off scott free while low level drug offenses are getting prosecuted primarily against minorities. So I wasn’t really thinking so much about the facts of this case as I was judging it based on circumstances that don’t necessarily apply to it.

1 Like

Cocaine is decimating the pacific Islanders as they are a conduit for trafficking to New Zealand and Australia. This is presented as a whoops a daisy crime bungle… but hey, perhaps some lives were lost in the journey of just $47,000 of party drugs to Ireland.

Okay, now you’re just showing off.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.