Awesome Song Thread!

Also, it’s raining today, so…

1 Like

goodness gracious, y’all! damn near everything posted since I was here last is a home-run. some really intense stuff you guys.

[quote=“solstone, post:209, topic:40241, full:true”]
A few more things…
[/quote] nice trifecta, but specifically, I always heard MBM referred to as an industrial outfit, so I assumed more like MInistry or something. Is everything like that? that video by itself is off the hook.

I was not adequately prepared for that. just… wow.

it put me in the mood for this:

the whole album is intense like that

I was beginning to wonder if I was going to be the only one posting any hip hop. let’s keep it going:

another two moody tracks, both lost gems

Ras Kass is still one of the best ever, but passed over 'cause he was too dope to be commercial. this remix version is by Diamond D, the same can be said of his production talents. combined, they make a paranoiac soundscape masterpiece.

1 Like

I always heard MBM referred to as an industrial outfit, so I assumed more like MInistry or something. Is everything like that?

Not exactly, but they do have a recognizable sound. (from further up thread)

I’m curious what era of Ministry you were picturing.

2 Likes

oh, right-- heh. like Jesus Built My Hotrod was what I was thinking, but I’m semi-aware of how the earlier stuff sounded.

dude, this is like the Bomb Squad–awesome!

3 Likes

Aw, who am I kidding!

10 Likes

This is, I believe, a perfect BoingBoing manifesto.

8 Likes

Discovered within these hallowed digital halls.

I need to listen to this more often, and learn how to talk this way (since I can already walk this way).

Apparently BB was responsible for a resurgence of popularity for it, as well.

Below is a … remix? It’s a little longer, and there some variations in the sound.

2 Likes

I am blown away too. keep it up!

1 Like

also from the vaults of boing:

Who put the benzedrine in Mrs Murphy’s ovaltine?

2 Likes

I’m going to veer a bit here.

Vintern var hård composed by Aulis Sallinen. The Kronos Quartet / San Francisco Girls Chorus version seemed to be the best quality recording that could be linked to.

2 Likes

Recent schmecent

3 Likes

This thread is more wonderfully prolific than my capability to keep current.

5 Likes

Under-appreciated bass line.

2 Likes

something made me think of this the other day, this album was a “thing” on my college station when it was (widely) released. I DL’d it the other day, this was always my favorite track, so it seemed a great fit for the mutant music thread.

doesn’t really start until 0:50, for some reason.

more info:

2 Likes

Children of the Revolution - T. Rex

6 Likes

It’s the right thing to do!

3 Likes

Think Tree - Hire A Bird

3 Likes
2 Likes

Nice.

here’s some Lyrics Born / KRS One

2 Likes