Badass Space Dragon - Round 7 - Sans Sheriff

Recommendation: Everyone choose Mission 1 – Kill Hawk Granger

If you’re not part of this flotilla, and an unassigned Ranger comes after you, you’re fighting alone.

Self-interested co-operation is the basis of all success

Formally, this strategy solves both the “coordination” and “defection” problems. The one weakness is that, due the randomness of “pig-pile” fights, a strong Ranger might target a weaker ship. The solution: amass enough fire power to knock out the Rangers before they can do much damage.

To that end, I will again use the Astral Plane of BoingBoing messaging to encourage ships that were not active today to join mission 1.

** A way to Keep the ICUP ships with the ICUP **

If Marshal Seldon and rest of the “Tiny” flotilla joined a Ranger posse they knew they could win (Mission 2 Ada West would be an excellent choice), then those ships would suffer little damage, receive ICUP repairs, keep that particular Ranger (Ada West, for example) out of the Mission 1 “pig-pile”, get grit and a shot at a $5,000 bounty, and stay in ICUP’s good graces.

Groovy.

Except for the “outlaw” being blasted to smithereens.

Signing up to be the “outlaw” side of that mission would show “co-operation”, but hardly be “self-interested.” This mercantilist would never sign up for such a hopeless mission. Nor will I encourage anyone else to do so, as it violates “Enjoy Life. Make Money. Stay Alive.”

So I’ll leave that scenario on the shelf as a thought experiment.

Party on the TARD-iss

We haven’t all gotten together for a good party since we took down FlapJack Bill. That’s too long. I immediately ** forward $350 starbucks to the TARD-iss ** so Captain Underpants can clear those old bar tabs and open the Space Bar for the “Fuck Hawk Granger pre-gamer.”

2 Likes