Boeing whistleblower found dead in his truck — on same day he was supposed to talk to lawyers

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/11/boeing-whistleblower-found-dead-in-his-truck-on-same-day-he-was-supposed-to-talk-to-lawyers.html

20 Likes

Kind of speechless here. That’s just bold. “Self inflicted” eh? was this man seen in the area?

14 Likes

Self inflicted? As in “blown whistle will cause billions of dollars in loss” self inflicted? Sure, let’s go with that.

32 Likes

The GRU would have made sure he was sucked out of the window of an Airbus.

13 Likes

Super Sus.

Dial B for murder?

6 Likes

Forget 787s, I’m never flying on any Boeing.

14 Likes

This kind of coincidence can’t help but seem suspicious.

13 Likes
11 Likes

Hmmm…

11 Likes

I’ll buy the self-inflicted… did he do something during his Boeing career that would have put liability on him personally?

Thing is, he had given testimony. Plenty of damage was already done. This isn’t like a witness that turns up dead before the trial, my gut feeling is he wanted to avoid incriminating himself and he knew that was coming.

6 Likes

this isn’t suspicious at all. nope. not at all.

6 Likes

Does Putin own a lot of Boeing stock?

5 Likes

“if it’s Boeing, i’m not going!”
(apologies to my late friend and stepfather, Dick, who was an electrical engineer at Boeing).

10 Likes

Y’know, she was the first person I thought of, when I read this headline. I appreciate your posting (the movie image of) her.

Rest in power, Karen Silkwood.
You are missed.

13 Likes

Since we’re speculating, he would have known that he could face consequences before he blew the whistle. Even so, it’s hard for me to imagine a scenario where taking his own life was preferable to facing justice.

Whether self-inflicted, or just made to look that way, a dead whistle blower sends a clear message to would-be whistle blowers.

8 Likes

As chance would have it I just watched John Oliver’s most recent episode minutes before seeing this story.

6 Likes

5 Likes

Good job, 47. Now get out of there.

This really doesn’t inspire confidence. Guess if it’s Boeing, I’m not going.

8 Likes

After NTSB investigators initially requested the documents on Jan. 9, they learned the door crew manager was out on medical leave, according to Homendy. They requested updates on Feb. 15 and Feb. 22, though were informed by the manager’s attorney that “he would not be able to provide a statement or interview to NTSB due to medical issues,” Homendy wrote in her letter.

I’m not generally into conspiracy theories, but seriously, Boeing, you are making this really difficult to stick to.

8 Likes

yeah. not sus at all. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes