Brianna Wu uploads Gamergate death threat to shame Ohio prosecutor

[Read the post]

1 Like

Movement? That’s like a bowel movement, right? Not like a popular uprising kind of movement?

13 Likes

Police seem more concerned about POCs and terrorists when it comes to threats of violence, real or imagined (by the police/security/intelligence agencies). A white guy has to shoot up a movie theater or a school before his mental issues are noticed/addressed by society/the justice system.

18 Likes

Federal Bureau of Indifference

6 Likes

Agent - you misunderstood. We received these death threats about your daughter.

Case closed in one day.

7 Likes

Congratulations on making this all about you.

2 Likes

Well it looks they censored my post anyway because it didn’t fit with their narrative.

Don’t worry though! The reply about bowel movements is still here!

Keep keeping it classy, BB.

2 Likes

This has made me reconsider my stance on ethics in gaming journalism. The caller made some great points.

4 Likes

16 Likes

One’s a shitty meme, the other’s a post about bowel movements.

4 Likes

The real question is whether the prosecutor can sell these cases as “hacking.” If so, there’s a chance at prosecution. Otherwise, well, what is the prosecution rate for violent rape?

1 Like

Well they had that one initial statement that is something, then just piled on the shit after that.

11 Likes

Hi Blazeblast! Have you enjoyed your first twenty minutes on BoingBoing?

If harassment is contrary to Gamergate’s aims, why do they keep doing it? SEE: the Digra2015 hashtag, accusing Arthur Chu of calling in a bomb threat, mocking Brianna Wu as her dog was dying (Milo Yiannopolous: “If I were Brianna Wu’s dog, I’d willingly swallow poison”), and on and ever on? Is it possible, perhaps, that a leaderless anonymous movement has poor messaging control?

19 Likes

Hi, and welcome to Boing Boing!

Paragraphs, check 'em out.

11 Likes

Sir! You aren’t implying he is one of a hundred people setting up multiple accounts to jump on someone at an important moment, are you?

8 Likes

sell these cases as “hacking.”

depending on the state both harassment and death threats can be illegal. there are also federal laws about sending threats interstate via postal mail that might be viable routes for prosecution.

here’s ohio’s laws: Section 2917.21 - Ohio Revised Code | Ohio Laws. (wu asserts that the caller is from ohio.)

what is the prosecution rate for violent rape?

question: just what is “violent” rape. by definition: all rape is a violation, and therefore violent.

6 Likes

Are you implying that the prolific and well-documented harassment against Brianna Wu is imaginary?

16 Likes

And yet they keep doing it

23 Likes

are you the same person as @Blazeblast4, or just coincidentally another newcomer with a similar narrative?

( i’m beginning to suspect that gamer’s gate consists of <7 actual persons. )

18 Likes